Benelli MP90/95 parts.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mike38

Benelli MP90/95 parts.

Post by Mike38 »

Are there any replacement parts suppliers for Benelli pistols across the globe that can ship to the USA with little to no hassles? The web site at GlockWorx Denmark doesn't seem to recognize the mailing addresses in the USA, so it will not allow me to complete the check out. Any others out there? Canada perhaps?
Gwhite

Re: Benelli MP90/95 parts.

Post by Gwhite »

Due to all sorts of regulations, I don't think anyone in Europe is allowed to sell firearms parts directly to individuals in the US. They have to go through a licensed importer.

You might be able to find them in Canada, and then either go & pick them up, or find a kind soul who will buy them & get them to you somehow.

Jim Henderson at the Cardinal Shooting Center in Ohio is in the process of acquiring all of Larry Carter's Benelli parts. It will be a lengthy process for Jim to get them organized for sale, but I'm hoping they will be available by fall.
Mike38

Post by Mike38 »

Hoping to find something sooner than this fall. Both my Benelli pistols are in need of recoil springs as soon as possible. Bottom line, it's my fault. Normal people keep a years worth of "consumable" parts on hand. But not dummy me, I buy one at a time. Looks like I'll end up with a pair of matching book ends until fall?
Leon

Post by Leon »

"Due to all sorts of regulations, I don't think anyone in Europe is allowed to sell firearms parts directly to individuals in the US. They have to go through a licensed importer."

Not entirely true - I have had no problems with suppliers/gun shops in Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Denmark and Sweden mailing parts directly to me in Australia

A thought - why don't you ask the Benelli factory directly for those required recoil springs?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Mike38 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:32 pm Hoping to find something sooner than this fall. Both my Benelli pistols are in need of recoil springs as soon as possible. Bottom line, it's my fault. Normal people keep a years worth of "consumable" parts on hand. But not dummy me, I buy one at a time. Looks like I'll end up with a pair of matching book ends until fall?
I maintain about 25 Benellis for myself, friends and the team I help coach. I don't recall needing to replace more than one or two recoil springs in the last decade, and one of those had been cut short by somebody who didn't know what they were doing . What makes you think it needs new springs?
Mike38

Post by Mike38 »

Gwhite wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:11 pm What makes you think it needs new springs?
Needed or not, I change recoil springs on all my pistols about every 5000 rounds.

My .22 started having feed issues (yes the chamber was clean) so in desperation I removed spring, intentionally stretched it to be longer, and the feed issue went away. It probably will not last much longer.

My .32 has no feed issues, but it's eating buffers like a fat kid eats candy. Suspect a weak recoil spring.

Also I like to keep an extra firing pin handy. I found out the hard way that dry firing the .32 will break the firing pin real quick. I normally count shots, and never dry fire that empty chamber, but at times loose count and drop the hammer on an empty chamber. I've broken two .32 firing pins in the past year, and am down to the one in it now.
Mike38

Post by Mike38 »

Leon wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:45 pm A thought - why don't you ask the Benelli factory directly for those required recoil springs?
I did send an e-mail to Benelli USA to see about importing some for me, nope, not a chance. "We do long guns, not handguns."

I have not asked Benelli Italy, but will.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I sent an message to Benelli in Italy via their web site about a month ago. I haven't heard a peep.

Benellis DO break firing pins, especially if you dry fire a lot without the adapter. Larry redesigned the .22 firing pins and had some made in the US that were much more rugged. Benelli has now largely copied his design. I don't know if the .32 firing pin was changed as well, but I suspect so.

Larry also had buffers made in the US that are much better than the originals. The factory ones tended to crumble over time. Larry's last about twice as long. Someone posted about making indestructible replacements by cutting up a plastic key fob from a car dealer...
Mike38

Post by Mike38 »

The Benelli Italy web site will not even allow me to send them a message. A country is a required field, and the USA is not even on the list. This is getting frustrating.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Just a quick update: I went up to LGI on Thursday to pick up some air pistols sent there for repair last year. I spoke with Larry's brother, Gerry, who is handling the estate. Jim Henderson is supposed to be out from Ohio in the next week or so to pick up all the parts.

My guess is that it will take a month or two to get them all organized & ready for sale.