Hornady 22LR Ammunition

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

jliston48

Hornady 22LR Ammunition

Post by jliston48 »

Just new to Australia.
What is known of this ammo?
I'm interested in the standard velocity (1070ft/sec) product for training and for new pistol shooters because the price is right. I'll have to buy a brick of it to test the functionality and accuracy in our target pistols.
Has Hornady "tooled up" to make 22LR or is it being made by an existing manufacturer and being "badged" for Hornady?
Tim S

Re: Hornady 22LR Ammunition

Post by Tim S »

I believe it's CCI Standard made for Hornady.
KH250

Post by KH250 »

jliston48

Might be made by CCI, but not the same. Fits into my free pistol with less effort. Projectile slightly different. Attached picture of groups shot by my Pardini SP. CCI, Hornady, Eley Match Pistol and SK Pistol. Some minor issues with lead smeared down the sides of some of the cases. Crimped differently to the CCI. X Ring visible behind the CCI picture. ISSF 25m target shot at 25m. All 350 shots I had went bang and all ejected. Used in Pardini SP, FPM and Walther SSP.
Attachments
SP Ammo.jpg
SP Ammo.jpg (47.65 KiB) Viewed 1936 times
acorneau

Post by acorneau »

What's on the head stamp? That could tell you a lot.
------
Allen Corneau
KH250

Post by KH250 »

Different head stamp, slightly different projectile, projectile crimped differently into the case, packaging much the same other than the printing, does any of this prove or disprove who made it.
Attachments
CCIHornady2.jpg
CCIHornady.jpg
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Compare the lot numbers.

More precise, do they follow the same format?

i.e. The way they print the numbers and characters?

CCI has a standard they follow and with some deciphering you can distinguish the month, year, and shift of manufacture.

Federal use a completely different format.

Cheers,

Dave
KH250

Post by KH250 »

CCI E20V56
Hornady 06Z209

Hornady 22 hornet lot# 3080081

Who knows what this means, not I.
It is dearer than CCI in Aus so unless it offers something more I will mot be buying it. Still to be determined if it is better, or if it will be available.
hurt

Post by hurt »

Man...that SK group looks pretty good!! How does the price rank down south? CCI is my round of choice because my pistols function it very very well. CCI is about half the price of SK around here. Regards!