Pictures from 2018 Dec Winter Games and Rifle and Pistol Selection Match

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

randy1952

Pictures from 2018 Dec Winter Games and Rifle and Pistol Selection Match

Post by randy1952 »

The following link is from Winter Games and Rifle and Pistol Selection Match. I tried taking pictures of all the competitors and USAS said they would publish the link, but for some reason I haven't seen the link and competitors have been asking about them. If you know anybody that competed in December 2018 and want to see the pictures here is the link https://randallshikashio.smugmug.com/. I should have recalibrated my monitor as the photos are a bit on the dark side if you try and print them out at a professional lab. If you try and print them at Walmart it is strictly pot luck on they will turn out as their machines aren't even calibrated. If you have any questions my email is randy88745@gmail.com. I hope to repeat this effort at the Junior Olympics, but I will miss most of the pistol events as I can't afford the cost of a hotel for the whole JOs.
Last edited by randy1952 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Milchanowski

Re: Pictures from 2018 Dec Winter Games and Rifle and Pistol Selection Match

Post by Jack Milchanowski »

Randy,
Thank you for all your work.
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

Thanks!
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I still find it very interesting how some of the female air pistol athletes seem to hyperextend their elbows. It may be just the angle of the photographs, but for some of them it almost appears that their elbow is at or above the level of their wrist. A couple of the young men seemed to almost approach it, but not as extreme as the ladies. Makes my tendons ache just to think about it.
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

There is one young lady whose arm is bent at such an angle you would think it was made of rubber. If my elbow was bent like that I would get tennis elbow, but she has been shooting years like that still shooting good.