Test Pellet Assortment Packs?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ihasagun

Test Pellet Assortment Packs?

Post by ihasagun »

Please advise what are my options for obtaining a test pellet assortment packs? I’m interested in pellets for 10m AP and Rifle, and also all three classes of Field Target Rifle. So heavier pellets too. All .17 though. Thanks.
Rover

Re: Test Pellet Assortment Packs?

Post by Rover »

For the AP just buy RWS Basic and forget the rest.

That narrows things down a bit.
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

In my limited experience, top end air guns will eat everything for a beginner/ novice level shooter. Unless your consistantly above 94% most wont notice a difference as the airgun is still outshooting the shooter.
69Dart

Post by 69Dart »

I picked up H&N Field Target, RWS and JSB sampler packs when I was testing with my 34. None of the RWS stuff shot well in any of my rifles. For 10M guns I didn’t find any sampler packs so I just bought individual tins. I also have a FWB 80 air pistol and it shoots RWS Basics pretty good offhand but there are less flyers with JSB 8.02’s. Off a bag there is a noticeable difference in group sizes though. The JSB pellets shoot very well.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

10pt9 and straightshooter and ebay.
Lots of sites in UK offer sampler packs.
I have lots of FT appropriate pellets. PM with what you are looking for, i could probably put a kit together for you.