SCATT expert vs Pro software

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

400driver

SCATT expert vs Pro software

Post by 400driver »

Just upgraded from a wifi system with PRO software to the new camera based system (MX W2).

The old PRO software had a wealth of data which I could study and compare with previous training sessions.

The new " EXPERT" software seems to have none of the extra settings for exploring previous sessions . Am I missing some accessibility settings?

Any one else have any ideas? I have tried the Windows and Mac versions of the software and they seem the same.

Any one in the know about future software updates? This version seems a retrograde step when compared with the old PRO version.

Thanks
400driver

Re: SCATT expert vs Pro software

Post by 400driver »

This reply in from Alex at SCATT

Alex Bolgari
10 minutes ago
Mr. Stewart, the Expert software is built on a modern platform, which allows us to improve it more efficiently. The Expert already includes 80-90% of the functions found in the Pro. But it's also frequently updated and all the functions of the Pro will be gradually added to it. Moreover, the new platform allows us to add new features that never existed in the Pro, so eventually the Expert will also have additional unique features.

Sounds very promising!
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

When, as a coach I want the extra features that PRO has, it is certainly nice.
Othertimes when my shooter is dry firing and using PRO as a "pseudo-EST", it works good too.

I personally like the Expert in Live fire, Live coaching mode where I can make the whole background & target rings black.
This allow the shootr & I to concentrate solely on approach, hold & triggering w/o the destraction of score in the trace.
Yes, we do fire on ESTs here and they give the "real deal" score.

Great tool in either mode and gives the shooter & coach loads of flexibility.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Interesting - how do you enable the whole target in black?
I was also used to the blue trace being 20/100 of a second in Pro and now in Expert mine has defaulted to 30/100 despite the literature sayings its still 20!

Had an email from SCATT last night saying its coming.

Such a great tool, love to be able to compare past sessions to see my progress or lack of!
Thanks for the info.