Aha Moments!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ihasagun

Aha Moments!

Post by ihasagun »

I’ve had a couple of moments where I discovered something that seemed to help and then proved to me over time that it really does help. One is when I really took to heart the advice to only have grip pressure right at the top in the very front and back. I’ve incorporated a check in my routine where I waggle the pistol up and down using those two pressure points, before raising the pistol. It really does seem to help. A more recent one involves my feet. I’ve begun scrunching my toes to create a more stable stance. As a result, I’ve shrunk my group the past few days and shot my personal best tonight. Is there something else that you found made a significant impact on your scores?
GaryN

Re: Aha Moments!

Post by GaryN »

But only if validated long term.
There is a thought that when doing something new, such as 'scrunching your toes' you are paying attention to other stuff and might be doing the basics better. If you were sloppy with the basics, you could have been loosing points there. Better basics = better scores.
It is only when you are able to consistently hold the better scores over a long period, is it "possibly" valid. Because you could also be paying attention to the basics and not getting sloppy again.

In the case of 'scrunching your toes,' maybe what you need to do is look at your shoes, and if they are properly supporting you.
FWB_700_Alu

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

I have finnaly discovered a way to help my "follow thru". I count the shot as being "finnished" when after I pull the trigger, I (if needed) re-aim my 6 O´clock hold. Only then do I lower the pistol and view the shot to confirm my shot grouping. It also helps massivly with not "pulling" or "mashing" the trigger. A very pleasent Aha Moment.
django

Post by django »

Manytimes !
funny thing is ... it produce different result on next time i try same way good thing i found in aha moment.
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

One has been reading Don Nygord's advice on shooting vision and not relying on the accuracy of lenses supplied by vision professionals, and like him have ended up buying and using a Lensometer and he was correct.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

ihasagun wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm I’ve begun scrunching my toes to create a more stable stance.
I definitely find that scrunching my toes helps a lot. I have trouble holding a "180" stance, with shoulders in line with the gun and target. I stand at about 40-45 degrees, and tightening my toes prevents a good deal of wobble. If I don't use my toes, I end up slightly on my heels, and it's all over.