Compensator for LP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ihasagun

Compensator for LP10

Post by ihasagun »

My friend’s LP10 has a compensator and I find it to be more pleasant to shoot than my LP10 that has no compensator. So I am curious about getting one. Are there any commercially available compensators that will work with the LP10? Are they all pretty much equal, as far as making the pistol more pleasant to shoot, as in quieter with less recoil? Are they easy to install, or should I plan to ship my pistol to someone to install it? Thanks.
Coolmeester

Re: Compensator for LP10

Post by Coolmeester »

Just buy Steyr 8 duct compensator and install it yourself. It's so easy that you simply can't fail.

And re-adjust the stabilizer and it will be as good as new. There's good how-to video for that Steyr channel on Youtube.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

Ordered. Thanks.
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

I watched the video on resetting the stabilizer. Does installing the compensator somehow affect the stabilizer, or is it just a suggestion for any used LP10?
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

No, doesn't affect. Stabilizer just needs maintenance once in a while.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

It is likely that the compensator has little to do with the more pleasant shooting nature of your friend's LP10. More likely are the adjustment/cleanliness of the stabilizer (recoil absorber) and/or the set muzzle velocity. Or barrel weights even.
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

wasatch wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 pm It is likely that the compensator has little to do with the more pleasant shooting nature of your friend's LP10. More likely are the adjustment/cleanliness of the stabilizer (recoil absorber) and/or the set muzzle velocity. Or barrel weights even.
I got the compensator in and it did what I wanted at least regarding the sound, which was my main concern. I’m going with the lightest weight pistol I can because of back/neck issues, including using compact cylinders. So I will not be adding weight. I’ve watched the video on resetting the stabilizer, but I haven’t checked my stabilizer yet to see if it is properly adjusted. I will get to it soon.
spektr

Post by spektr »

If weight is truly critical, give Andrew Berryhill a call and see what he might do for you with 3D printed grips. He might be able to hollow them out for a real savings in weigbt.....
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Andrew will very likely chime in here, but his grips are already mostly hollow. The 3D printing process creates a honeycomb below the thicker surface of the grip, it's actually stronger and more durable this way. They are already pretty much feather-light, definitely lighter than a similar wood grip.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

He's probably off at the Shot Show this week. Here's a link to his web site:

https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips. ... stols.html