Mount SCATT Sensor Inside Cylinder

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JJJJJJ

Mount SCATT Sensor Inside Cylinder

Post by JJJJJJ »

Has anyone ever tried mounting an SCATT sensor inside a cylinder? Of course, this will destroy the cylinder but makes it a lot easier to use SCATT. I would think the best sensor to use is the SCATT ws1 due to it's slender profile.

I think I could take an old expired cylinder, cut off the front area and insert the sensor side with a cut out for charging. The way to secure the sensor to the cylinder has to enable vibration to be detected by the sensor.

The end result is to use SCATT without live firing, all you have to do is screw on the cylinder.
masterdouglas

Re: Mount SCATT Sensor Inside Cylinder

Post by masterdouglas »

I kind of like this idea. Would still have the wire hanging down to the computer. Too bad it's not wireless.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

masterdouglas wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:12 pm Too bad it's not wireless.
The Scatt WS1 as suggested is wireless. Whether it would work inside a cylinder is another matter.
scatt_manufacturer

Post by scatt_manufacturer »

David Levene wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:19 pm The Scatt WS1 as suggested is wireless. Whether it would work inside a cylinder is another matter.
It will work inside the cylinder, no problem, it uses IR channel via target to communicate with PC. So no radio will be blocked by the cylinder. Interesting idea :-)