FWB 900FTP

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

moonlightrun

FWB 900FTP

Post by moonlightrun »

Does anyone make a moderator for a 900? If you have shot a 900, how does it shoot compared to the 700 & 800? About the same, much better, etc. Thank you for your expertise. Bob
moonlightrun

Re: FWB 900FTP

Post by moonlightrun »

Sorry, I had a brain fart. I was thinking about a FWB but I meant to say AirArms 900FT
acorneau

Post by acorneau »

Not sure you'll find many here that will use a Field Target air rifle.

I would ask over on the "new" Yellow forum... https://airgunwarriors.com
------
Allen Corneau
moonlightrun

Post by moonlightrun »

Thanks Alan. Do field target rifles not shoot as straight?
acorneau

Post by acorneau »

Not a matter of "straightness" but velocity.

FT rifles shoot in the 800-1,000 FPS range whereas a 10 meter rifle will be in the 550-600 FPS range. FT guys will give up some accuracy in order to have the velocity for longer shots than the 10 meter guys.

Also, there are many things that will be different for each style of rifle, including what is considered "legal" for the sport and what kind of accessories are deemed important to each particular discipline.

This forum is dedicated to the Olympic style shooting sports including 10 meter air rifle, so you won't find much (if any) information about Field Target shooting. That's why i recommended you ask the question on a forum that has a bunch of FT people on it.
------
Allen Corneau
moonlightrun

Post by moonlightrun »

Thanks again Allen. One final question: What are the top three most accurate 10 meter Olympic style rifles?
acorneau

Post by acorneau »

I'm not the best one to say which ones are the top three as I'm not really a 10m guy. I'm a silhouette shooter that uses a 20 year old Anschutz 2002 for my Target rifle. I just like to check in here every so often to get a different perspective.

Top of the line brands are going be Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, and Walther; maybe another brand that I can't think of at the moment.
------
Allen Corneau