Shoot the damn thing!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BEA

Re: Shoot the damn thing!

Post by BEA »

You are absolutely correct. I must have made Rover mad because he has remained silent. Should I appologize and risk getting him fired back up?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Nah, just wipe the foam from your mouth.
bandur60

Post by bandur60 »

I don't contribute much to the forum, but must say I look forward to Rover's posts/ comments/ trolls with a smile/ smirk, waiting to see what pearls he has to cast this time. I doubt anything anyone can say will change him --- hope not anyway! Keep it up, all.
BEA

Post by BEA »

Rover has a good sense of humor and I hope he knows I am just kidding with him. We have both been around this sport for a long time. I enjoy him stirring the pot. No one wants him to change...he keeps things from getting boring. As a matter of fact, when I see his name on a post, I make a point to read it because I want to know what he has to say.
Last edited by BEA on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
BEA

Post by BEA »

Reading back, I think my kidding with Rover was a little rich. I tend to get a little carried away sometimes and keyboard kidding is easily misinterpreted, and I dragged John into it because there is no straighter shooter than him and I think he has picked at Rover a time or two. Time for some deleting on my part. If I offended anyone, especially Rover, I offer my apology.
Rover

Post by Rover »

That's OK, BEA, because I know you love "pumpers."

Pity more here don't have them to do a comparo with their troublesome gas.
BEA

Post by BEA »

Yes I do love the "pumpers" as you say. I have tried to buy back my FWB Mod 65. What great guns they were and are. Having gas is so inconvenient. Thanks for being understanding with someone whos big "mouth" gets in front of his small brain. My hat is off to you. Cheers.
BEA

Post by BEA »

This is where I expect John to chime in.
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

I have held onto my 65, while mostly shooting my 162ei.
Works great on small rodents around the house..
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

When was Rover at your house?
BEA

Post by BEA »

He drops by every now when I can have visitors. He brings me animal crackers and comic books...too many years of free pistol.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

BEA wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:28 pm He drops by every now when I can have visitors. He brings me animal crackers and comic books...too many years of free pistol.
He was also bringing crayons for you to play with, but he ate them.
Rover

Post by Rover »

And you thought I was lying, just because my tongue was black.

But, we've kind of drifted from the point of this whole thread. It seems apparent to me and some of my fellow shooters that it doesn't matter which AP you use, unless it is grossly mal-fitting.

It makes me smile to see guys spending big money for aftermarket grips in the vain hope of gaining a few points, when they could spend a few bucks buying a rasp and some putty instead (never mind for which gun).
BEA

Post by BEA »

You told me you had been eating liquorish.

About the grips. One problem is that the vast majority of shooters do not know how to fit grips, and they do not shoot enough or practice in a way that helps them zero in on the issues that are actually causing them problems. When there is a problem, spending money is often the easiest thing to do, but very often the least effective solution. Properly fitting grips requires a fairly high degree of attention to not only comfort but shot analyzation. Let's face it, if you push most shooters into this detailed area of shot refinement, they loose interest because it becomes too laborious. It takes the fun out of it. It is important to keep your target shooting experience enjoyable, and that is an individual thing. We cannot be too critical of how someone does that. However, I have offered advice as to what type of input is required to achieve high scores. Having realistic expectations reduces frustration, improves our mental attitude and helps us do the best with what we have.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Ben, the gentleman and accomplished shooter that he is, of course guides the conversation back on track with his wisdom.

(I, the boorish rube that I am, am still chuckling at "liquorish" as an adjective describing Rover. Heh heh.)
BEA

Post by BEA »

Thanks John, you are too kind. I will try to not poison threads in the future, or at least soften my humor. Regards, Ben
SeanM

Post by SeanM »

Rover wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:12 am And you thought I was lying, just because my tongue was black.
BEA wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:12 pm You told me you had been eating liquorish.
john bickar wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:48 am (I, the boorish rube that I am, am still chuckling at "liquorish" as an adjective describing Rover. Heh heh.)
Sometimes you target talkers are alright!
django

Post by django »

frankly all the top target pistols have the same ability to group at the center of the target from the old to the new. What makes each one different is just the grip design.

I use the same gun but produce different results just because I change the grip.

than people spend money buying new weapons every time, why not invest the money to make the grip that fits the shooting posture will be cheaper and the results will be extraordinary.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Rover wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 am It's true I have about nine times the posts that John Bickar has, but every one of his is a pearl of wisdom while many of mine are just trolls to get some of you foaming at the mouth while giving my friends a laugh..
Rover!

I finally agree with you on something!