Cardinal Shooting Center

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shakey

Cardinal Shooting Center

Post by shakey »

Had a schedule .22 rifle match for the30th of Sept Never changed the schedule on the net, was shot on the 23 of Sept, not a good way to start off running a new place to shoot Got a new rifle for match,that was the last one for this year Hope they do better next year or things will go down faST
Mike Carter

Re: Cardinal Shooting Center

Post by Mike Carter »

Hello Shakey,

Aside from the ASSA championship that was conducted in July, all of the smallbore rifle matches are conducted by the local league in Central Ohio. Rick Sarver was running the matches but has had to give up those duties due to health concerns. Carl Joos may be the best source of information or Todd Weilinski at Champions Shooter Supply.
The Cardinal shooting center is purely the venue, and is a commercial shooting range. They are not running any smallbore matches. They publish match schedules on the web site as a service to their customers but the information is only as accurate as what is given to them.

I would be miffed if I drove any distance to compete in a match and then find out it was the weekend before. But I would direct my concerns to the group who is running the match. I suspect some of the Ohio contingent that is part of this forum can give you more information. I do know they had 11 participants and Ken Potter won with a 1597-120x.

Mike
shakey

Post by shakey »

I talked to the person running the rifle range,not thier fault.He said things would be better next year.I guess i was upset because i spent alot of money to shoot in this type of match.Guess i should join a rifle organzation ,probley would know what is happening. I am 75 ,dont have that much more time do do these things Shakey
MikeBoy

Post by MikeBoy »

Shakey,

Sorry that this happened to you. I shoot in the Central Ohio Rifle League and this was a point of confusion for this match. The official date was published in the league schedule at the start of the season in April. Evidently it was brought to Carl Joos's attention that the date on the Cardinal site was incorrect a coupled of weeks prior and he requested to have Cardinal Center fix the date, but it was never corrected.

Chalk it up to growing pains that will be sorted out by next April. Cardinal has committed to getting smallbore matches established at this soon to be world class range.

As Mike mentioned above contact Champion Shooters and request to be put on the CORL match mailing list. CORL is not really a league any more, it just the last of remaining Ohio smallbore shooters. Unfortunately we lost access to OSU's range so the CORL 3P and English prone matches were canceled for the indoor season.

Hope you make it out next year!

Mike