FAS 6004 Trigger Travel Stop

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
d-cuttler

FAS 6004 Trigger Travel Stop

Post by d-cuttler »

Having modified the grips on my new FAS 6004, and adjusted the trigger, there was one more task I wanted to accomplish; install a trigger stop.

After studying pictures of the original trigger travel stop on the FAS 604, and reviewing all my options, it appeared that the easiest way was to glue in a cork stop behind the trigger.

In the past, I made a project of overhauling some saxophones, and remembered I had some leftover cork sheets. I cut a piece of ¼ inch cork to shape, and while dry firing I shaved it down to where it allowed a just a little bit of over travel after the trigger break.

Next I mixed a little Devcon 5-minite clear epoxy, and using a push pin to hold the insert, glued it in place.

The results are great, and the cork offers a tiny bit of unexpected cushion at the end of the trigger travel. If I want more travel, I can just sand off a little cork, and to reduce the travel I can always glue in a thin cork shim.

If you cannot find any sheet cork, you could always cut a piece off of the end of a wine bottle cork.

Having everything in hand, it was a zero dollar mod.
FAS Cork Insert.jpg
Attachments
FAS RH Trigger Stop.jpg
FAS LH Trigger Stop.jpg
FAS Cork Installed.jpg
jglenn

Re: FAS 6004 Trigger Travel Stop

Post by jglenn »

nicely done. It is the one thing I missed on my 6004
d-cuttler

Post by d-cuttler »

Eliminating that 1/4 inch of excess trigger travel really helped to shrink my groups.

I liked it so much that I did the same mod to my Beeman P17 a few minutes ago. It's so easy and simple to do.
django

Post by django »

My group smaller after i add some after travel lol...
Its matter of personal taste and technic.
d-cuttler

Post by d-cuttler »

django wrote:My group smaller after i add some after travel lol...
Its matter of personal taste and technic.
The reason it helps me is because the moment the trigger stops moving, there is no more finger and hand motion, not counting normal hold wobble. I think considering how much longer the lock and barrel time is with airguns, it helps my follow through, and keeps me on the traget.

Considering the hand tremors that come with being 80 years old, I am looking for any advantage. There is a saying "if you believe it helps, it helps."

Also I have a problem leaving stuff alone, I am incurable when it comes to tinkering.
django

Post by django »

Wow 80 years still shooting . Salute !! Tumbs up
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

d-cuttler wrote:There is a saying "if you believe it helps, it helps."
Oh, so true.
d-cuttler

Post by d-cuttler »

django wrote:Wow 80 years still shooting . Salute !! Tumbs up
Well I am not shooting in matches, just for my own enjoyment at home. I have 10 meters with my back almost against the wall.

Recently I purchased a Crosman Challenger to work on my rifle offhand, because I do plan to shoot some local Highpower rifle matches while I still can. There is a local 200 yard range where everyone takes turns pulling targets in the pits. There are 2- 3 matches a month, and it's a lot of fun if I don't take it too seriously.