Pardini 32S&W HP - Shell Denting

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Hurdy

Pardini 32S&W HP - Shell Denting

Post by Hurdy »

Hi, I have purchased a secondhand Pardini HP in 32. I have noticed a small crease on the case after firing. It is about 2 thirds of the way from the rim and about 3mm long and perpendicular to the case length. I assume it is happening on ejection.
I also have a left hand grip on it. I have put rubber on the obvious sharp edge of the grip...no reduction.
Does anybody have a similar experience or solution.
Also does anybody have an answer to a case catcher design that is suitable for this gun.
Gregbenner

Re: Pardini 32S&W HP - Shell Denting

Post by Gregbenner »

I’ve not noticed that on mine. Any chance the dent is from feeding v ejection?

Reloads or factory? Specifics?

I use the CMM brass catcher, works fine for me.
David M

Post by David M »

What is your load and velocity ?
Hurdy

Post by Hurdy »

Thanks, the thought has crossed my mind that it could be aligned with the top RH front of the magazine. I will test this WE without magazine.
Where are CMM catchers available from ?
They are reloads ---98gn HBWC 1.9gn WSF
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

http://www.cm-machine.com/

Re your issue, is this a new issue, or are you new to the gun, or perhaps reloading. I ask because 32 S&W long reloading can be more challenging than many other calibers. Details that likely wouldn’t matter much for .45, suddenly become much more significant.
Hurdy

Post by Hurdy »

New to this gun purchased is as secondhand only put 200 thru it so far. I have reloaded for many years and 32swl revolver for ages. This crease is consistant. Gun is in excellent condition. Grouping is excellent and spent primers indicate acceptable pressure.