BEWARE; The eight worst words!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

RWillia63

BEWARE; The eight worst words!

Post by RWillia63 »

I GOT SCAMMED; AND IT WAS MY FAULT!

I've been looking for a used Steyr LP50, and placed a WTB Ad in TargetTalk to see what might be available. After about three days I received a reply from "vcat", (I later looked him up and he joined on 9/5, three days after posting). "vcat suggested I contact a Kevin Bullers, at kevinbullers1@gmail.com, as he thought the person might have an LP50 Compact for sale. Contact was made; seller would not take PayPal; so, foolishly, I wired him the price of the gun. Two emails and one (unlisted) telephone call later, still no indication of pistol being shipped. I suspect "vcat" and K. Bullers are one in the same. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

I spent 30 years in the Navy. Nothing worse than a thief on a ship, and a scammer is nothing but a thief.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Suck it up, big boy. It could have been avoided with some due diligence!

RHWillia63
sparky

Re: BEWARE; The eight worst words!

Post by sparky »

Got the address where payment was shipped? Publish it to warn others? Maybe someone on here is close by.
Contact local authorities there and say a gun was involved in the transaction? (Maybe they can learn it was an air gun later).