Geko and SK "Match" .22 Ammo

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

prowling

Geko and SK "Match" .22 Ammo

Post by prowling »

I have been burning through my old bricks of Wolf Match and Aguila Match that I picked up years ago—partly because it's getting a little long in the tooth (the Wolf Match was purchased in 2002 or '03)—but due in large part to the fact that I am FINALLY back to enjoying the time to get out on the range a couple times a week.

Wanting to restock the larder, I have seen ammo from both Geco (sp?) and SK that I have never used before. Wondering if anyone has any recent experience with either one of these offerings. The Geco Match is at a near-impossible price point—I saw it for $3.20/50, shipped—and the SK Pistol match was $5.10/50.

Thoughts?
dc.fireman

Re: Geko and SK "Match" .22 Ammo

Post by dc.fireman »

I use SK Standard for smallbore rifle practice; it is mostly consistent from lot to lot.

I tried Geco Match about three years ago. It was not what I'd consider consistent, from box to box. Once I burned up the three bricks, I re-ordered my normal SK.

This was all used in a rifle - if you're using it in a pistol, you may have different results.
wadekow

Post by wadekow »

I've been very happy with the consistency of SK rifle match in both of my CZ and Anschutz rifles! I think you will find that it is comparable to the Wolf you've been using.

I've never tried Geko, but for the price I'd give it a try.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Until earlier this year, Wolf .22 ammo was made by SK. SK is Lapua's budget line.

GECO is RWS. I used some for prone practise a few years ago. It functioned well, and shot accurately enough for practise at 25 yards. I didn't try it further out.
prowling

Post by prowling »

So, put this in the "Reasons to Clean & Organize the Safes" file:

I had a chance today to empty one of the safes (the one that I store ammo in), and on the bottom shelf, behind some other crap, I found two bricks of the Aguilar Pistol Match Competition I had totally forgotten about!

Sometimes, the old man memory is a good thing, I suppose ...
sparky

Post by sparky »

SK Pistol Match has been what my Pardini like's best. Where are you seeing $5.10/box shipped? I might have to stock up.
prowling

Post by prowling »

Sorry, my mistake. It was the SK Standard Plus that was five and change ($5.38/50 actually) ... The SK Pistol Match was $6.38/50 shipped (both based on purchasing two bricks).

The site is: www.grafs.com
ZD

Post by ZD »

I happen to love SK standard plus; it shot well for me and it shoots well for the kids on my team. As far as Geko is concerned; three of our shooters use Geko, and our best shot loves the Geko match. I have seen great groups from both.

-Zach