Which Pardini model to get for ISSF and BE events?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
vash68

Which Pardini model to get for ISSF and BE events?

Post by vash68 »

Hi, I am hoping to get some opinions to help me choose the right Pardini pistol model.
I used to shoot ISSF disciplines and now re-entering the sport after a long break and currently debating between SP and BE models.
My choices are also affected by local range accessibility (Denver, CO).

My biggest confusion is with Pardini conversion kits, such as "can I convert SP to BE to RF etc." or do I need one pistol (SP) for ISSF and another pistol (SP-BE model) for BE events?
Or can I have a single pistol (which model?) which can be converted between ISSF and BE events?

I attempted to contact pardini USA with the same questions but received no response.

Here it goes:

1)
If I get access to the Olympic Training Center in Co Springs, then I would have access to 25m SP and Rapid Fire ranges,
which I think means I would need to get Pardini SP pistol and SP-to-RF conversion, correct?
Or would SP-BE pistol work given there is SP-BE-to-RF conversion in existence?

2)
If I do find a range to shoot BullsEye, as I understand BE disciplines, I would need to get myself a Pardini SP-BE pistol for 25m event and SP-BE-to-HP 32ACP conversion kit for 50m event, correct?

Or, would it be possible instead to use SP gun for 25m BE event, and SP-to-HP 32ACP conversion kit (if such a kit exists)?

My complete quiver then would comprise of the following:

for ISSF events: SP gun/frame and SP-to-RF conversion kit
or this combo: SP-BE gun and SP-BE-to-RF conversion (is there such conversion kit?) ?

for Bullseye events: SP gun/frame and SP-to-HP 32ACP conversion kit

Does above sound correct?

3)
Can SP-BE pistol be used for ISSF events such as 25m and 25m rapid fire (at least to get me back into RF) ?
Or SP-BE to RF conversion is a must have? Is that conversion kit even available?

Would trigger adjustment between RF and BE events be a painful exercise?

Thank you
JamesHH

Re: Which Pardini model to get for ISSF and BE events?

Post by JamesHH »

What is the BE trigger requirement? ISSF is all 1000g

If its 2lb=907g set it for 1050g

If its 2.5lb=1133g set it for 1150g

Between these three there's no huge advantage in shaving off 150g.
sparky

Post by sparky »

I've owned a Pardini SP Sport and I still own a SP Bullseye in .22lr and an HP in .32acp. Part of it depends on what you’ll spend most of your time shooting.

I would suggest the Pardini SP Bullseye 5" in .22lr, as it is the most versatile. It will work fine in the .22 event in Bullseye and with out a red dot mounted, will work for CMP EIC matches (which you'll likely want to shoot...google it), and for ISSF Standard Pistol and Rapid Fire. In addition, it is capable of being fitted with a .32acp conversion kit if you choose to shoot .32acp for the centerfire event in Bullseye.

Or you could get a Pardini HP Bullseye 5" in .32acp and a .22lr conversion kit, which would give you the exact same combo as above, with slightly different writing on the side.

The pre-2016 Pardini SP Sport is in .22lr and is *NOT* convertible to .32acp due to the machining of the slots where the bolt "ears" slide in the frame. Functionally, they shoot the same as the SP Bullseye in .22lr and are just as accurate. However, since it's not convertible to .32acp, it'll likely have lower resale value. If you're buying used and you decide you don't want to deal with .32acp and will just shoot a .45 for the Centerfire and .45 events, you can sometimes find good deals on used SP Sports. According to Pardini Italy (pardini.it), the post-2016 SP Sports and Rapid FIres are all built on the HP/SP Bullseye frame and can accept conversion kits.

Regarding SP Rapid Fires, same as above regarding Pre-/Post-2016 and accepting conversion kits. The SP Rapid Fire is a fairly specialized gun, with a lighter bolt for less reciprocating mass and tungsten weights for greater non-reciprocating weight. I'd imagine with all of the weights in and a red dot mounted, it'd get pretty heavy. I would *not* get one of these unless its for Rapid Fire only. Unless you're bucking for a spot on the Olympic team, a Pardini SP Bullseye will be about 99% as good as an SP Rapid Fire in rapid fire pistol events.
Last edited by sparky on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David M

Post by David M »

Also consider, having owned a number of conversion guns I found it more convienent
to have one of each, ie a . 22 and a .32.
If they are both Pardini's one becomes the backup for the other for most parts.
They will have the same feel, similar grip and balance as well as the same trigger.
Look at how much extra a second pistol is compared to a conversion.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

You will need a different grip if you want to shoot ISSF with the Bulleye version. Before the Bullseye version came out, everyone around here shot bullseye version. Very few of the top shooters in the area have bothered to switch to the bulleye grip.

If it were me, I'd just buy the ISSF version and shoot it for everything. You can always add the bullseye grip later. The difference in your scores the discipline specific features will make aren't significant until you shoot at a very high level (if at all).
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

A lot will depend on what your shooting plans are. The Bullseye version has a heavier bolt for greater 50 yard accuracy. If you are thinking about RF, it might not be the best option.

On top of this, a full-hous BE gun will have a red dot mounted. If you are putting that as your top priority, that's OK. If not, it might be simpler to have a different tun.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The Pardini Rapid Fire model has a modified barrel chamber. Not as accurate at 50 yards as the SP or Bullseye models.

Cheers,

Dave
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

Vladimir (Pardini USA) is/was at Camp Perry, likely why no response. I have always found them to be very good at returning calls. Although you will get some very good answers here, I would strongly suggest you talk with him before making any conclusions.

I have the SP version with the 22, 32 long and 32 ACP conversions. I have found that when I switch barrels, the sights always need resetting. Personally, I wouldn't use a conversion at a match due to the complexity (for an old guy) of changing the sights. Although mine shoots very accurately with all three barrels, the change in dot sight settings from one caliber to another does not seem 100% consistent. As mentioned, if I wanted to shoot different calibers at the same match I would get tow separate guns. YMMV.
ChristianFromPardini

Post by ChristianFromPardini »

Hello vash68,

First off, the best .22 to shoot all around in competition is the SP Bullseye 5 inch with an ISSF grip. This is because the Bullseye 5 inch is legal for ISSF and is also a gun the shoots very well for Bullseye events. The only things that you need to shoot in rapid fire are the rapid fire bolt and the rapid fire weights. In addition all SP and HP models that were made 2017 and newer have an all in one frame that takes all conversions. So overall to be able to shoot all of the events that you reference we recommend the SP Bullseye 5 inch model, the rapid fire weights and bolt, and the .32 ACP conversion kit. Regarding the trigger weight for .22 events, if you set the trigger weight within the allowed parameters for ISSF events then you will be good for Bullseye events as well. As for using the .32 conversion, it is recommended to set the weight at 2 pounds 9 ounces which will make the gun legal for ISSF, .22 Bullseye and .32 Bullseye.

Best Regards,
Christian McAfee
Pardini USA LLC
info@pardiniguns.com
Office: 1.813.983.9839
Fax: 1.813.899.1110
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

... and that's why a lot of us like the Pardini USA group. They get busy sometimes at competitions but work to take care of business (us target shooters at all levels). Watch out for Vladimir: he can snake-charm the credit cards out of your wallet!