LP50 Compact Cycling (Issue Resolved)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Chicken-Farmer

LP50 Compact Cycling (Issue Resolved)

Post by Chicken-Farmer »

Bought a used LP50 compact back in February. Have been putting 6-8000 pellets through it per month trouble free. Lately the first shot is full power and each additional shot loses pressure, until eventually the bolt fails to lock back and air is heard escaping until the bolt is manually cocked again. Sounds like a regulator problem to me? How difficult are the regulators on steyr guns to clean out and lube? From my research the regulator is also the attachment point for the cylinder.
Any LP50 gurus out there with similar problems in the past or solutions I can try at home?
Last edited by Chicken-Farmer on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Mahan

Re: LP50 Compact Cycling issues

Post by JD Mahan »

Couple of things to check:

That sounds like what happens when you shoot a cartridge to empty. So, assuming a fairly full cartridge;

1) Have you changed and/or adjusted the (angle, horizontal offset) the grip? On the back of the frame there are two screws that can be adjusted to change the offset angle. They must both be 'out some' or they will allow the grip to interfere with the power adjustment screw, which is the end of the regulator assembly.

2) While you're looking at that, turn the power adjustment screw in a quarter turn, and see if that makes any difference.

3) If neither of these cures the problem, then before calling Pilkingtons and asking Buck to help, try the single shot magazine and see how that works.

Pilkingtons: (931) 924:3400 ask for Buck

I'll be following closely
Chicken-Farmer

Re: LP50 Compact Cycling issues

Post by Chicken-Farmer »

Update:
I finally got the funds to send my LP-50 into Pilk Guns for service. Air pistol arrived Monday and received an invoice Thursday informing me everything was back in working order again. Very reasonable price, much less than I had expected. When you buy a Ferrari even a headlight costs an arm and a leg! Seems my fears were unjustified though.

Apparently the barrel had loosened up and was not fully seated. The regulator washers were stacked in the wrong order, and acouple of o-rings needed replaced. All easy fixes I'm sure for someone that knows what they are doing.
Should have it back in a couple of days.