Steyr wins 9th GOLD medal in a row

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pilkguns
Site Admin

Steyr wins 9th GOLD medal in a row

Post by pilkguns »

I watched this live
https://youtu.be/iIjLKEBBOf4
deadeyedick

Re: Steyr wins 9th GOLD medal in a row

Post by deadeyedick »

The eccentric clapping as a competitor is about to shoot is too weird for my taste....Steyr is good !
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

Add to that the music playlist and it detracts from the seriousness of it all but it is supposed to make it more palatable for the masses to watch, watching 10m shooting is not what you should do for fun you need to get in there and have a go as it is so accessible to all. Having said that the 10m team leagues in Germany are another thing altogether with a wall of sound coming from supporters of each team including the use of hooters and football rattles as they spur their team on, strangely that adds to the whole thing. Televised darts is big here so it can be marketed if done well and can catch the imagination.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

deadeyedick wrote:The eccentric clapping as a competitor is about to shoot is too weird for my taste....Steyr is good !

The competitor is so focussed , he hardly is aware of the noise

Elmas
Crete

Post by Crete »

It seems that Gold medal at Fort Benning went to WANG Meng Yi (China), shooting a Feinwerkbau P44.

The whole event here: https://youtu.be/MMzDq02EDSM?t=28m36s
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 7.17.34 AM.png
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I find that hard ...( try impossible ) ...to believe.

Can anyone confirm that elite shooters were consulted and asked for direction before allowing this mindless behaviour ?

I was watching a World Championship billiard competition recently and couldn’t help wondering what would happen if the same annoyingly distractive clapping and hooting was to take place in a billiards tournament which is also a televised sporting event.

Or in a Championship tennis tournament such as Wimbledon, or a Championship winning put at the U.S. golf open. Hell no, even cameras with mechanical shutters are frowned on with spectators removed if anyone attempts to put a competitor “off their game”.

I see AP as as requiring skill and concentration that should have nothing to do with ones ability to withstand what can be seen as disrespect from “hecklers”....what next...throwing fruit !
j-team

Post by j-team »

It's easier to concentrate when there is a lot of continuous noise as opposed to complete quiet with the occasional noise.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

According to that theory tinnitus sufferers should shoot better than those not suffering from the condition.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

deadeyedick wrote:
I find that hard ...( try impossible ) ...to believe.

Can anyone confirm that elite shooters were consulted and asked for direction before allowing this mindless behaviour ?

I was watching a World Championship billiard competition recently and couldn’t help wondering what would happen if the same annoyingly distractive clapping and hooting was to take place in a billiards tournament which is also a televised sporting event.

Or in a Championship tennis tournament such as Wimbledon, or a Championship winning put at the U.S. golf open. Hell no, even cameras with mechanical shutters are frowned on with spectators removed if anyone attempts to put a competitor “off their game”.

I see AP as as requiring skill and concentration that should have nothing to do with ones ability to withstand what can be seen as disrespect from “hecklers”....what next...throwing fruit !
Shooters wear ear defenders Ronnie does'nt .
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Shooters wear ear defenders Ronnie does'nt

Then please enlighten me as to the reason for the mindless noise.

I hear shooters concerned about the future of competitive shooting and where threats could come from.

Possibly from within if removing Free Pistol as an Olympic sport and allowing rebel rousers to fill spectator seats in a dillusional attempt to increase spectator enjoyment are examples.

Are you kidding ! The examples of spectator behaviour I have seen resembles “One flew over the cuckoos nest” and is nothing more than an attempt to be as distractive as possible to a competitor they are not following ...however the non shooting public sees it as a sideshow.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Crete wrote:It seems that Gold medal at Fort Benning went to WANG Meng Yi (China), shooting a Feinwerkbau P44.
Nope, the gold medal went to Wu Jiayu (also from China), shooting a Steyr evo 10 E... It's nice that FWB is back on the air pistol podium taking silver,
as first and second place are most often taken by Steyr or Morini - and vice versa...
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

deadeyedick wrote:
Shooters wear ear defenders Ronnie does'nt

Then please enlighten me as to the reason for the mindless noise.
You see it happening in world class competitions and the Marshalls do not object .
I too would like to know who stsrted this and why !
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

The noise is encouraged by the issf as far as i could tell. It really is not distraction for me anyways..my bad shots have nothing to do with noise. Local air range by me plays music just like it would be at a real match. You'll see a few shooters double up on hearing protection.

Ask for Steyrs get some from pilk they guns are great and the service is great, but what is even greater is a morini from pilk.
Crete

Post by Crete »

kevinweiho wrote:
Crete wrote:It seems that Gold medal at Fort Benning went to WANG Meng Yi (China), shooting a Feinwerkbau P44.
Nope, the gold medal went to Wu Jiayu (also from China), shooting a Steyr evo 10 E... It's nice that FWB is back on the air pistol podium taking silver,
as first and second place are most often taken by Steyr or Morini - and vice versa...
Thanks for the correction.
The latest template has the correct order (picture) then and not the previous ranking that I quoted in the video.

Cheers.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 6.34.01 PM.png