Magnetospeed V3

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

James Storm

Magnetospeed V3

Post by James Storm »

Does anybody have experience using the Magnetospeed V-3 with precision target air rifles such as the FWB600 series ( 600 - 603 ) and others? James Storm
2eyesOpen

Re: Magnetospeed V3

Post by 2eyesOpen »

I have one and used it with a couple 177 airguns.
2eyesOpen

Post by 2eyesOpen »

If you are having trouble getting shots to read... You need to turn the sensitivity all the way up. Then you have to shim the bayonet much closer to the bore than the setup rod would have you do in the instructions. Since most of these airguns are sleeved and floated within the tube you kind of have to eye ball it. I set mine up so that the rod was pretty much centered to the sleeve once it was tightened all the way. When you tighten the strap be sure to measure again because the rubber shims will compress. Hit me up if you have any questions.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Thank you very much for your observations. They have encouraged me to make the purchase. If I run into problems, I will consult with you. Jim
2eyesOpen

Post by 2eyesOpen »

I have enjoyed mine so far. I was surprised by how light the bayonet was. I have used it on 2 air pistols and a pellet rifle all PCP. I have read 7gr pellets from 380-830fps. I have also used it on a 25 cal and it worked great. The smaller the pellet the harder it is to get a read, then the closer you have to get it to the bore. I can't wait to use it on my powder burners. I have not used any other chronographs to compare to, but my current experience with this one has been great.