New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sparky

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by sparky »

kevinweiho wrote:
j-team wrote:Yup, Walther and Feinwerkbau could learn a thing or two about evolving a proven design. It's no surprise that Morini and Steyr have comletely destroyed Walther and Feinwerkbau in the AP market in the last 20years.
I wouldn’t say completely destroyed...Steyr & Morini have indeed taken a BIG chunk of the market share in the last 20 years, but both FWB and Walther are still introducing new guns in hopes of returning to their former glory...

FWB and Walther will always be known for making the finest mechanical (spring and ssp’s) air pistols of all time.
I wonder how much of the market Pardini has; I like my K12.
hurt

Post by hurt »

Years ago...my shooting buds and I were duscussing what an awesome pistol Morini would have with a moveable grip and ports! And...lo, it has come to pass!!! I’m getting that tingly feeling that requires a new gun purchase!!! ;)
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

I found this video which outlines some of the updates to the design:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-au0cdrYmw

Two new air cylinder colours - orange and gold
Carbon fibre barrel shroud - ported barrel (Jin John-oh had a ported barrel at Olympics)
New compensator - blow-up
Carbon fibre cocking lever - seems like a bad idea, but looks nice but I worry about the c/f steel high tension sliding fit.
All new electronic trigger unit, and control electronics.

Update for the CM84E:
New 'Carbon' model - with carbon sideplates and carbon compensator

My take is a steady iteration which might generate some more sales.
Image Image
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Already order the cm84e carbon with 2 stage trigger. Will pick up cm200 when available guessing April
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

It will be interesting to see how well the CM200 does. Morini and Steyr were dominating the market, but the LP10E stole a lot of Morini's thunder. The CM200 looks like it will be an effective riposte.
Leon

Post by Leon »

David Levene wrote:
Leon wrote:I do have the complete and detailed brochure now, but can't post it because the file size exceeds 1mb.

Any suggestions as to how I can post it?
Save it to something like Google Drive and then post a link to it.
Try this -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_36iLF ... sp=sharing
trinity

Post by trinity »

In the brochure, page 8. What's this Training Mode thing?? It says "Training plug with random function". Randomizing what function? Not trigger weight as that's adjusted from springs, so whether it will fire or not? So you can do the ball and dummy exercise with an AP maybe?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

That would certainly be an interesting addition, although it's probably more useful on a pistol with enough recoil to mask triggering errors..
Leon

Post by Leon »

trinity wrote:In the brochure, page 8. What's this Training Mode thing?? It says "Training plug with random function". Randomizing what function? Not trigger weight as that's adjusted from springs, so whether it will fire or not? So you can do the ball and dummy exercise with an AP maybe?
Do not know, but am intrigued by it.

Also I see that they have polygon barrels now....

I personally think that Morini have taken an existing winning formula - the 162EI, and have applied intelligent upgrades to it...
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

sparky wrote:I wonder how much of the market Pardini has; I like my K12.
I don’t have an idea of how much market Pardini has, but I do know it's among the top five brands in match air pistols.

What really matters is that YOU like your pistol and you’ll be confident when using it.
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

i think you see more pardinis in finals in the USA. I played with it probably has the nicest mechanical trigger.
yana

Post by yana »

More info and pics:
http://www.mkshooting.de/morini-cm-200-ei.html

Sure looks very nice
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Christopher Miceli wrote:i think you see more pardinis in finals in the USA.
Could be so, but in the world cup finals the Pardini LPs are far between. Steyr has an overwhelming dominance now.
Maybe the new models from FWB; the P8X, the new CM200 from Morini and the new M500 from Walther could change that in the future?
Fired some shots with the FWB P8X the other day: Superb mechanical trigger.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

trinity wrote:What's this Training Mode thing?? It says "Training plug with random function".
Francesco Repich from Morini had this idea already some years ago. The random function switches to dry fire trigger now and then, which will show, if a shooter pulls the trigger smoothly and without adding any additional movement to the pistol. In former years this was done by some coaches, who loaded the gun (or not) for their shooter, to reveal any jumps and the "trigger fear" if the pistol fires only in dry mode instead of firing with recoil. The first idea was to switch this remotely from the coach behind the shooter, but that would be against the ISSF rules (because you could maybe not switch this off completely in a match). It not only works with recoilling guns, but also with recoilless air pistol, according to Francesco (who is also here in the forum from time to time).
sparky

Post by sparky »

kevinweiho wrote:
sparky wrote:I wonder how much of the market Pardini has; I like my K12.
I don’t have an idea of how much market Pardini has, but I do know it's among the top five brands in match air pistols.

What really matters is that YOU like your pistol and you’ll be confident when using it.
Which I do. I think it’s great.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Called Pilkguns. Look for the CM200EI to start showing up mid-April.

Chip
BEA

Post by BEA »

You have your dominant brands in everything. Walther and FWB may be lacking in air pistol, but not in air rifle. Steyr is dominant in air pistol but the free pistol they bought out year ago was a flop and at that time it was primarily going up against the TOZ. Back when I started everybody was shooting FWB air pistols. I think it is a shame they do not still offer a model 65 as it would be a very low maintenance, easy to use model for beginners and those that want shooting air to be more reasonably priced. It would also be great for those looking for a good air pistol for winter training to stay sharp for the outdoor bullseye season. It is all about the potential sales numbers though. The marketing guys have to promote the newer is better idea to keep stuff selling. Often times newer is better, but to us regular guys...many times we are just in love with ideas.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

A newly manufactured FWB 65 would probably be priced similar to a top end PCP if made in Germany, even with modern CNC tooling.
The Koreans did a great job of copying the 300S rifle (we had one given to our club) Totally illegal fake but apart from the engraving you would never guess!
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

TenMetrePeter wrote:A newly manufactured FWB 65 would probably be priced similar to a top end PCP if made in Germany, even with modern CNC tooling.
The Koreans did a great job of copying the 300S rifle (we had one given to our club) Totally illegal fake but apart from the engraving you would never guess!
Manufacturing new FWB 65's nowadays will definately be priced similar to the top end PCP's out there, just look at the price of a new FWB sport air rifle...

It wasn't the Koreans that made the 300S copy, it was the Chinese. Since the design of the rifle is already more than 20 years old, I believe the patent has expired long ago and is of public domain...
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Fired some shots with the FWB P8X the other day: Superb mechanical trigger.
Probably the best trigger I have used....not to mention countless other features.

Could be worth watching.