At last ! FAS 6007 now in production

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Leon

At last ! FAS 6007 now in production

Post by Leon »

FAS 6007.PNG
FAS 6007.PNG (37.87 KiB) Viewed 3249 times
Video report of the new FAS 6007 here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ni_GcHyuiw
SlartyBartFast

Re: At last ! FAS 6007 now in production

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Any pricing information yet?
Still glad I found my used 607.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
Leon

Post by Leon »

6007-price.PNG
6007-price.PNG (69.08 KiB) Viewed 2979 times
Found some prices on a French store website - take off the 19% tax that they have = Eur 1113 - $AUD1770 or $USD1372

Add an amount for shipping and local taxes and you can get an idea of the price to your hot, little hands.

From here = https://www.europarm.fr/en/produit-1154 ... TRE-MEDIUM
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Leon wrote:
6007-price.PNG
Found some prices on a French store website - take off the 19% tax that they have = Eur 1113 - $AUD1770 or $USD1372

Add an amount for shipping and local taxes and you can get an idea of the price to your hot, little hands.

From here = https://www.europarm.fr/en/produit-1154 ... TRE-MEDIUM
200€ more and you can buy a Matchguns MG2E RF. 300€ less than the FAS and get a MG2.

13€ more than the Chiappa you get a Pardini SP.

(All prices from Krale)

I thought Chiappa was promising a budget pistol.
- FAS SP607
j-team

Post by j-team »

SlartyBartFast wrote: I thought Chiappa was promising a budget pistol.
Chiappa are probably refering to the quality when they say "budget" (based on most other things they make!).
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Not available in the USA....probably never will be
Leon

Post by Leon »

God there are a lot of haters on this forum.

Chiappa should be commended for bringing out ( resurrecting one of the finest & cleverest designed ) standard pistol. Hopefully they will also expand their line and resurrect the FAS CF 603 .32.

For those Chiappa haters out there, I do have a FAS 6004 and I could not be happier with it.

MY FAS 604 looks quite roughly made & finished compared to the 6004.

A lot of the times I shoot my 6004 in preference to my Morini 162 EI Titanium.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Mein Gott! You mean you actually PREFER a (gasp) SSP?

Don't you know that you'll drop in a sweaty heap from pumper exhaustion before you finish a match?

I know this is true because I've read it here on TT.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Leon wrote:God there are a lot of haters on this forum.
Not being a hater. But not going to e a fan boy either.
I distinctly remember them promising a low price. That's the reason I was looking into this pistol for such a long time. It's what led me to know about the the 602 and 607.
But I'm damned glad that I found my used $600 FAS607. I'm not certain that something that is a rerelease, nor something that is from Chiappa, deserves to be priced up with the leading edge pistols.
I'll wish them luck, and hope they release a 603. But they'll have a lot to prove to earn that price point with me.
I really want to know what they redesigned as well. What changes and why. Seems some might just be for the sake of being different and changing the look compared to my vintage 607.
I like being a contrarian and going down a different path from the rest of the herd. Unless the FAS6007 hits the streets a lot lower than MSRP and the 603 is definitely in the works, if I want a .22 and a .32 the Pardini is looking more and more likely as the pistol I may as well buy. And the MG2 and MG4 remain my most desired.
- FAS SP607
j-team

Post by j-team »

Leon wrote:Hopefully they will also expand their line and resurrect the FAS CF 603 .32.
Well the 603 was probably the best of the original FAS pistols, but only a company hell bent on finacial suicide would invest in a new production ISSF centre fire pistol these days! And as of this year the same will apply to Free Pistols.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Christopher Miceli wrote:Not available in the USA....probably never will be
Even if it was, not that many folks shooting ISSF only and for bullseye, it'd be pretty hard to mount a decent red dot scope on it without blocking the space above the ejection port to let the mag out...unless you mounted it way forward.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

sparky wrote:Even if it was, not that many folks shooting ISSF only and for bullseye, it'd be pretty hard to mount a decent red dot scope on it without blocking the space above the ejection port to let the mag out...unless you mounted it way forward.
Depressingly, as I only shoot irons, I never even considered the red dot issue. Even more reason to choose the Pardini in North America.
- FAS SP607
Leon

Post by Leon »

j-team wrote:
Leon wrote:Hopefully they will also expand their line and resurrect the FAS CF 603 .32.
Well the 603 was probably the best of the original FAS pistols, but only a company hell bent on finacial suicide would invest in a new production ISSF centre fire pistol these days! And as of this year the same will apply to Free Pistols.
That is true ! But it would not take too much to convert the 6007 to a 6003. Most of the expensive tooling set-ups would have already been done. AFAIK, you would just need a new barrel, slide, magazine and a recoil spring?
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Leon wrote:That is true ! But it would not take too much to convert the 6007 to a 6003. Most of the expensive tooling set-ups would have already been done. AFAIK, you would just need a new barrel, slide, magazine and a recoil spring?
Wouldn't have though it would take so long to tool up and start producing a copy either.

Seeing as the return spring in the original is captive to the bolt, conversion could be as simple as the Pardini.

Keep looking at my friends PX4 in 9mm and imagining fitting the rotating barrel into an FAS or Pardini style design. Really attack the bullseye market and have a 45ACP. ;)

It's nice to dream.
- FAS SP607
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I wrote to FAS in Italy asking about converting my 603 to 602.

Here is the reply...

Hi David,
It is totally impossible.
602 is 40 years old.
Also no any dimensions of that pistol fits on the other.
603 has bigger frame and bigger magazine housing.
Also factiry it is close since 5 years now.
Regards
Raffaele Mencarelli
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

fc60 wrote:I wrote to FAS in Italy asking about converting my 603 to 602.
Not surprised by the answer. Where are you located? There's a nice collection of 602s for sale in Hawksbury Ontario @ $CAN 595.

Pardini has the conversion kits, but they suffer from initial differences between the .22 and .32 calibre models. Do they not? With different conversion kits up or down for the different frames?

Hopefully Chiappa can be quick on being clear about the future possibilities and they don't wait for the FAS6007 to be popular while too many people wait for a FAS6003 or conversion to make up their mind.
- FAS SP607
j-team

Post by j-team »

The reason that there was no upgrade on the 603 like there was from 602 to 607 is mostly because of the size of the magazine. The 607 style trigger couldn't fit around the .32 magazine.
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

I own both a 602 and 603, from what I can see, its practically impossible to convert a .22 cal. 602 into .32 cal, the biggest hurdle is the magazine, the 603 mag are much larger and longer in size to accommodate the bigger .32 cartridge, the spring are stronger too, to push the heavier rounds up onto the feed ramp, and it just will not fit into a 602 frame.

On my 603, every major parts are larger or heavier, the trigger box is the same as one on 602, but has another layer of sheet steel cladding on it due to the frame is wider. Sure, given enough time; efforts and money, any things can be convert into whatever you want, but is it worth it?

As for the price, no one know for sure when or if its on dealers shelf this side of the pond, $1300-$1400 for a new target pistol don't seems to be too far out of line when a used Pardini SP cost $2250 @ Larry's Gun, regarding the price from Krale, MG2 price range from $990 to $1770, obviously some are used gun, so I don't think its a fair comparison.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Tony C. wrote:As for the price, no one know for sure when or if its on dealers shelf this side of the pond, $1300-$1400 for a new target pistol don't seems to be too far out of line when a used Pardini SP cost $2250 @ Larry's Gun, regarding the price from Krale, MG2 price range from $990 to $1770, obviously some are used gun, so I don't think its a fair comparison.
The price quoted for the FAS6007 is EUROS not dollars. Putting the FAS mearly chump change cheaper than a new Pardini or MG2.
The comparison I made is perfectly fair comparison of new to new. The only hope for the FAS6007 being much cheaper is that there's lots of room between MSRP and final street price.
- FAS SP607