.22 match pistol choices in Mass?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Dave Aguiar

.22 match pistol choices in Mass?

Post by Dave Aguiar »

Being in the people republic of Mass, I'm pretty limited to handgun choices by state law. I'm pretty sure that teh Walther GSP's are on teh list but I was wondering if anyone know of any other choices available to MA residents in a high quality repeating .22 pistol.
Any insite appreciated.
daveaguiar-at-att.net.42480.0
W. Young

Re: .22 match pistol choices in Mass?

Post by W. Young »

Here is the list.
http://www.state.ma.us/eops/publication ... roster.pdf
Walther is not on the list, and neither is anything else other than s&w 41.
For more information regarding the Approved Firearms Roster, contact the Executive Office of Public Safety at (617) 727-7775

: Being in the people republic of Mass, I'm pretty limited to handgun choices by state law. I'm pretty sure that teh Walther GSP's are on teh list but I was wondering if anyone know of any other choices available to MA residents in a high quality repeating .22 pistol.
: Any insite appreciated.

wallyis-at-budweiser.com.42482.42480
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Don't be fooled. Some dealers are selling guns illegaly in Mass. The only choice you have is the SW41, the Ruger MKII. You can also purchase a used gun in Mass provided 1) it was made before Oct 21,1998. 2) was REGISTERED IN MASS BEORE that date.
If you buy a gun which is not on the list you could be held responsible.
If you see a dealer selling a gun on the list, they should provide a written statement that it meets all the requirements of MASS STATE LAW.
I have a selection of legal used guns for Mass if you need some insite. Greg Derr
Mike McDaniel

Could be worse - you can't get anyting new in Maryland :-(

Post by Mike McDaniel »

Things could be a lot worse. Here in Maryland,you can't get anything without an integral trigger lock. Which is why USAS really needs to push for an unlimited Competitor's License at the Federal level.

HMSLion-at-aol.com.42485.42483
Bill Mac

Post by Bill Mac »

:I Have an S&W 41 for sale and a friend has a Hammerli SP20 for sale If interested contact macbet9!@comcast.net Being in the people republic of Mass, I'm pretty limited to handgun choices by state law. I'm pretty sure that teh Walther GSP's are on teh list but I was wondering if anyone know of any other choices available to MA residents in a high quality repeating .22 pistol.
: Any insite appreciated.

macbet9-at-comcast.net.42486.42480
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Greg, I'd be very interested to see what you have available.
Please email me by dropping the xx's
( p.s . New MK II's are still notavailable in MA.I have two that I shoot now but would like to "step up". They are nice shooting guns but I'm afraid I'll just never love those triggers.)
Dave
: Don't be fooled. Some dealers are selling guns illegaly in Mass. The only choice you have is the SW41, the Ruger MKII. You can also purchase a used gun in Mass provided 1) it was made before Oct 21,1998. 2) was REGISTERED IN MASS BEORE that date.
: If you buy a gun which is not on the list you could be held responsible.
: If you see a dealer selling a gun on the list, they should provide a written statement that it meets all the requirements of MASS STATE LAW.
: I have a selection of legal used guns for Mass if you need some insite. Greg Derr

xxdaveaguiar-at-att.netxx.42487.42483
greg derr

Post by greg derr »

A full list is available on the goal.org website. The Rugers are on the list via model number. The SW41 is OK. That is it.
Spencer C

And we thought we had problems in Australia

Post by Spencer C »

So much for all those comments about how much better off we (AUS) would be as another 'state of the union'.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Sorry Greg, I had read your post to mean that you had some MA certified used pistols for sale: Interesting note on the MK II's, They are on the AG's list but still not available. I've asked two dealers to order them in the last year or so and no go. Something about " not fully accepted yet "was the excuse. The S&W is an option but im not sure how much improvement it will be over the two MK II's ( one 5.5 bull the other a Volquartzen conversion). I learned with my air pistol shooting, that sometimes it is better to just buy the best and be done with it.

A full list is available on the goal.org website. The Rugers are on the list via model number. The SW41 is OK. That is it.

Stan Pace

Just be sure not to come in as NY, MA or DC. You'll be OK!(

Post by Stan Pace »

voter

Re: Could be worse - you can't get anyting new in Maryland

Post by voter »

: Things could be a lot worse. Here in Maryland,you can't get anything without an integral trigger lock. Which is why USAS really needs to push for an unlimited Competitor's License at the Federal level.

Huh? Actually, that's why you need to elect some new representatives!