Most reliable pistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Hawkeye

Most reliable pistol

Post by Hawkeye »

Which is the most reliable pistol in the market, a Walther LP300, Morini 162EMI, Feinwerkbau P34 or a Steyr LP10.
Steve T

Re: Most reliable pistol - Any of them

Post by Steve T »

None of the top air pistols can be considered unreliable. All require the same maintenance (occasional cleaning and lubing, replace seals every year or two). I don't think any of them are better or worse from that perspective.
Fit, feel and ease of use are much more important. All will be accurate. All will be reliable. If my $1000 (US) pistol was unreliable I would expect the manfacturer or distributor to make it right.
Steve Turner

: Which is the most reliable pistol in the market, a Walther LP300, Morini 162EMI, Feinwerkbau P34 or a Steyr LP10.

David M

Re: Most reliable pistol

Post by David M »

The pistols mentioned are all very reliable.
The most unreliable part is the shooter.
Air pistols all require maintance to keep them running well. My pistols get lots of use and I strip,clean and fit new seals every 12-18 months.

Mako

Post by Mako »

The first LP300's did have some problems with their triggers holding their settings ... but apparently these problems have been taken care of. Don Nygord says that he has had no reports of problems with the LP300's that he's sold ...
The original pin holding the rear sight could come loose ... retaining clips have been added to the ends of a longer pin.

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42455.42436
Hawkeye

Most reliable pistol

Post by Hawkeye »

What about grip problems as posted by AD.

Mako

Post by Mako »

Very strange problem that I've never heard of before ... it's as if the previous owner had mounted the special dished washer in backwards. Grip is mounted on a uniball ... which gives it at least 5 degrees of adjustabity in any directions. Best and fastest system I've ever encountered. Mine does not require very much bolt pressure at all to secure.
He sent me a photo of the problem area ... and I don't see anyway that that damage could have occured with normal usage ...
But it's hard not to buck the trend that most of the elite shooters use Steyrs and Morinis ... you certainly aren't going to gain an advantage using something else ...
However I'd like to get a short LP300 .... :-)

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42464.42457
tank

Post by tank »

Baikal air pistol

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

awesome answer tank.
Hawkeye.