Is Pardini SP a reliable pistol?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Armand

Is Pardini SP a reliable pistol?

Post by Armand »

I want to buy a Pardini SP standard pistol and I wander how reliable is it compared to the other pistols around. I know that the frame used to brake until they added some stripes of extra material.
I shoot about 30000 rounds per year with my Unique des69 whithout a single problem so far, can I do the same confidentely with this gun?
Vince

Reliable? Yes. >>

Post by Vince »

If you define reliability as "it goes bang every time the trigger is pulled when it is in good operating condition", that is. The only thing that makes mine (an old SPE) malfunction is oversized and/or overlubed ammunition. Fat bullets cause failures to go into battery.
However, my pistol eats extractors and recoil springs quite predictably. Based on my experiences, I would suggest replacing the spring every 5000 or 10000 rounds and the extractor maybe every 15000 or 20000 rounds to <i>keep</i> the pistol reliable, and I'd have spares of both in the toolbox for trips to major matches. Thankfully, these parts are as cheap as they are cheaply-made, and can be replaced, if need be, by one-eyed drunken morons using simple kitchen utensils. Or, yes, Allen keys.
gmtmaster-at-sympatico.ca.42468.42467