P70 alu for shilouette

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

ado

P70 alu for shilouette

Post by ado »

Can i use my FWB p70 alum for shilouette competition with peep sigth in it. Thanks
ado21qm-at-aol.com.42414.0
Joe G.

Re: P70 alu for shilouette

Post by Joe G. »

Low power and a falling trajectory but I was contemplating doing the same with my P70Jr. At the last match I started to check elevation clicks for the distances but didn't have enough time before the match to figure it all out. I thought the challenge of shooting with match sights would be fun. Let's both give it a try. Good luck, Joe G.

Josephjfg-at-aol.com.42423.42414
Bill Courington

Re: P70 alu for shilouette

Post by Bill Courington »

The rifle is just fine for Target class. Your eyes may not be. The ram targets are about 2x3 inches and they sit at 45 yards. The chickens are about 1x1 inch and they are at 20 yards. _Everybody_ at our club shoots silhouette with a scope, typically 16-24x.
The other problem with a peep sight is changing the sight settings for the four distances. Without a numeric scale, you've got to count clicks which is much more prone to error.
You can mount a scope on a P70 if you replace or cut the loading port door so it only sticks up about an inch. Use a BKL cantilever mount with a riser. I've got exactly this setup and it works very well.