Screw/Part No.5 on the Steyr LP10P

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Rustam Bana

Screw/Part No.5 on the Steyr LP10P

Post by Rustam Bana »

This is the one that fixes the front sight to the barrel sleeve. It does not want to budge and I'm afraid I have chewed the head quite badly. Any advice on how this can be removed without causing any damage to the barrel below?
Also, would someone know the torque setting for grub/set srew number 2.4? This fixes barrel sleeve to the barrel at the rear. The pistol is new but today whilst taking aim, I noticed that the front sight was tilted. At first I thought the front sight had become misaligned resulting in the problem mentioned above but later realised that it was the barrel sleeve that had turned a fraction, hence causing the front sight to tilt.
Thanks.
Rustam.

rustambana-at-satyam.net.in.42360.0
Ambitio

Re: Screw/Part No.5 on the Steyr LP10P

Post by Ambitio »

: This is the one that fixes the front sight to the barrel sleeve. It does not want to budge and I'm afraid I have chewed the head quite badly. Any advice on how this can be removed without causing any damage to the barrel below?
: Also, would someone know the torque setting for grub/set srew number 2.4? This fixes barrel sleeve to the barrel at the rear. The pistol is new but today whilst taking aim, I noticed that the front sight was tilted. At first I thought the front sight had become misaligned resulting in the problem mentioned above but later realised that it was the barrel sleeve that had turned a fraction, hence causing the front sight to tilt.
: Thanks.
: Rustam.

I had exactly the same problem. The only solution was for my local Steyr Dealer to drill the screw out. As I didn't see this done I can't give any more details than that I'm afraid.
As a footnote I think all the screws on the Steyrs tend to be a bit tight when new from the factory!
Rustam Bana

Re: Screw/Part No.5 on the Steyr LP10P

Post by Rustam Bana »

: I had exactly the same problem. The only solution was for my local Steyr Dealer to drill the screw out.
Yes, I suppose that is the only option left.
: As a footnote I think all the screws on the Steyrs tend to be a bit tight when new from the factory!
I also had to use little more strength than I would have thought necessary to loosen the two screws securing the 'depth' plate on the rear sight.
Would have addressed my questions to Steyr but they do not re-open until the 15th of August. I suppose I should be grateful that it is only cosmetic damage.
Thanks for replying.
Rustam.

rustambana-at-satyam.net.in.42394.42376