Rohm TM Sport or FAS AP 609 for a newcommer?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Tim

Rohm TM Sport or FAS AP 609 for a newcommer?

Post by Tim »

Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether they've had the combined experience of using a Rohm Twinmaster Sport and a FAS/Gehman AP 609. I'm new to the sport and am looking to invest in my first pistol. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I do want equipment I will be happy with and that in itself is of an appropriate quality.
So far, I've used the FAS and found it to be nicely balanced and easy(ish) to load and cock. As yet, however, my only experience of the TW Sport is through reviews and product literature.
tim.guest-at-perfectpenguin.co.uk.42257.0
Joe G.

Re: Rohm TM Sport or FAS AP 609 for a newcommer?

Post by Joe G. »

The Rohm has gotten some decent notice and would probably make for a good fun gun. From what I have read I would think the FAS is the better design if you want a match pistol for formal or informal competition. Very good (and simple) trigger and better grips would be a big part of it. I have a review of the FAS if you would like a copy. Regardless, you will have fun. Joe G.

Josephjfg-at-aol.com.42316.42257
Tim

Post by Tim »

Thanks Joe. If the FAS review is available via e-mail or somewhere on the web I'd love a copy (my e-mail address is tim.guest@perfectpenguin.co.uk).

tim.guest-at-perfectpenguin.co.uk.42324.42316
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

: Hi,
: Can anyone tell me whether they've had the combined experience of using a Rohm Twinmaster Sport and a FAS/Gehman AP 609.

We have had good luck with the 6 FAS 609s in our club. They have a good design, good grips (Morini), and handle and shoot almost as well as the top of the line Steyrs and Morinis.
That said, the only real problem is getting parts and service when needed - FAS is not good in that respect as far as I am concerned. You may be pretty much on your own fixing it if it has a problem.

Jay Vergenz
AIAC, IL
www.aiac-airguns.org
jverg-at-att.net.42325.42257