Advice about Air Pistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Favela

Advice about Air Pistol

Post by David Favela »

When I finish to use my air pistol, do I have to unscrew the air tank from my pistol or I need to wait until the next refill of air?
Any advice is wellcome.
Thank you very much.
David Favela
davidfavela2002-at-yahoo.com.mx.42024.0
Joe Matusic, MD

Re: Advice about Air Pistol

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

For most SCUBA / Precharged Air airguns, you just leave the airtank on the gun. For CO2, you use the CO2 or expell what is left and leave the gun empty.
Other may be able to help more specifically is you give the model of gun and which gas your using (air/CO2)
Joe.Matusic-at-Camc.org.42026.42024
Joe G.

Re: Advice about Air Pistol

Post by Joe G. »

Like Dr. Joe mentions with scuba air you can usually leave the cylinder attached although it can come down to specific instructions for different models. The recommendation from Pilkington for my Steyr LP-1P was to unscrew the cylinder enough to relieve the pressure if you were going to leave the gun unused for more than a few days. For many CO2 guns the recommendation would be to leave CO2 in the cylinder and attached to the gun to maintain pressure on the valve and help keep dirt out. Like most things there are two trains of thought on this. It is always good to check with the manufacturer or service center regarding the particular recommendation for that specific gun.

Josephjfg-at-aol.com.42032.42026
Mako

Are you sure about that ...

Post by Mako »

On the LP10 ... if you partial unscrew the air cylinder ... and then later re-tighten it ... you would cut the O-ring. I lost a bunch of them until Scott P. told me to either leave the air cylinder on ... or remove it completely ... but do not partially loosen it .... at least on my LP10
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42124.42032
JP O'Connor

Re: Are you sure about that ...

Post by JP O'Connor »

: On the LP10 ... if you partial unscrew the air cylinder ... and then later re-tighten it ... you would cut the O-ring. I lost a bunch of them until Scott P. told me to either leave the air cylinder on ... or remove it completely ... but do not partially loosen it .... at least on my LP10

---
I was given the same advice regarding the LP1P. Experience has proven the advice to be correct... no more cut rings. If I do partially unscrew the cylinder, I always fully remove it before screwing it on fully for use. Simply stated, never reverse direction... go all the way on or all the way off before going the opposite direction. A *tiny* bit of silicone lubricant (just enough to leave a very *thin* film) enhances the life of the o-ring.

jpoc-at-acm.org.42214.42124