Steyr LP10E velocity issues

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
les greevy

Steyr LP10E velocity issues

Post by les greevy »

Last night when I began shooting the first shots had very low velocity. I swapped cylinders and after a few shots velocity came up to normal.
This is the second time in the last month that that has happened.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I will get the chronograph out this evening.
I have a compact. What velocity should I expect?
Les.
Silvershooter

Re: Steyr LP10E velocity issues

Post by Silvershooter »

My LP10 compact (mechanical) fairly new with 7 gr RWS R10 4.49 pistol weight pellets gives between 156.5 - 159.2 ms.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'm guessing that this must be a common problem (but not with my LP1), since before a match many shooters pop off a few "blanks" to settle the regulator.
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I'm guessing that this must be a common problem (but not with my LP1), since before a match many shooters pop off a few "blanks" to settle the regulator.
That's interesting , the first shot in the series was 160 ms , and the second was 156.5 the two extremes. The LP2 I had was more consistent.
Rover

Post by Rover »

PCP's are really not particularly consistent, but it really doesn't matter as long as the accuracy is OK.

If you want consistent, you have to go with a SSP.
les greevy

Post by les greevy »

I changed batteries and clocked a few last evening. Everything was fine 486-496 fps. Don't know that changing batteries did anything but it works now.
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

That's good . Try a couple of cleaning pellets through it, that may give you a few more fps.
joe139

Post by joe139 »

I had a problem like that with my LP-10 found out I didn't have the cylinder screwed on all the way. Thought I had it tight it would shoot a couple of good shots then every once in a while shoot a very low velocity shot. I didn't want to force it but turned it a little more after what I thought was pretty tight it went about 1/4 more I haven't had a problem since.