Trigger question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

Trigger question

Post by william »

Help me out guys. I shoot a Pardini K10 AP, and have just about no reason to complain about it - even though just like Rover I can figure out a way to complain about almost anything.

My problem is that I don't have a consistent FEEL for the trigger. Not the sear release, but the actual trigger bow on my finger. I've considered one of the skin-graters from TEC-HRO, but they seem more suited to rifle and are expensive. Or I can take a needle file to my trigger and create some sharp points on my own.

Any other ideas would be welcome. Thanks.
Rover

Re: Trigger question

Post by Rover »

Hello, fellow kvetcher.

When I got my Walther LPM1 with its odd, angled trigger shoe, I instantly took a file to it. Mo bettah, brah!

I used my trusty chain saw file. I did the "Russian" on the rear sight at the same time (too narrow).
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I have used anti slip tape as used on small sailing boats. Simply cut to the shape of your trigger face and then it's simply peel and stick.

This provides a very consistent and confident feel without changing the integrity if the original part.

Generally available at marine suppliers.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

deadeyedick wrote:I have used anti slip tape as used on small sailing boats. Simply cut to the shape of your trigger face and then it's simply peel and stick.

This provides a very consistent and confident feel without changing the integrity if the original part.

Generally available at marine suppliers.
D.E.D., kinda like this:

http://guntape.com/index.html
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Very much like that Kev however the marine tape has a finer surface texture...almost like sandpaper.
It has an adhesive backing and feels good.

You could also use fine sandpaper anywhere between 100-400 grit and contact cement.
Owl

Post by Owl »

Rover wrote:When I got my Walther LPM1 with its odd, angled trigger shoe, I instantly took a file to it. Mo bettah, brah!.
This makes a lot of sense to me. Has anyone tried filing on the brass-looking trigger shoe of a Steyr LP-1P, vintage about 2000?

Here's what makes me inclined to try it:
I am righthanded. In ready to fire position, the distal 3 joints of my (and yours, too, I bet) trigger finger are not horizontal - they point slightly downward, the finger tip dipping down. The curved face of the trigger shoe, however, is in a perfectly vertical plane. I'd like it to be cocked just a bit so that the curved face is tilted to be 90 deg to the central line of my trigger finger, which would make the top of the trigger shoe a little further to the left than the bottom. I have an idea that that would make for an improved straightline pull in squeezing off a round.

-Marty-
Rover

Post by Rover »

Unlike some on this...I have no problem with grinding, filing, sanding, or bending any part that does not suit me. Esthetics are a distant second to performance. So is whining.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Unlike some on this...I have no problem with grinding, filing, sanding, or bending any part that does not suit me. Esthetics are a distant second to performance. So is whining.
This is all true Rover and I make trigger shoes for most of my pistols in order to provide the best contact and angle for the trigger finger, however the original question asked by William was how to get a better "feel" from the surface of his trigger.

When you have finished grinding, filing, and bending there is no drop in performance by finishing the job to an aesthetically appealing conclusion. Some people consider this as pride in workmanship....some consider it a waste of time.....who cares !
Last edited by deadeyedick on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Precisely!
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Check out this slanted trigger shoe for Morini 162s:http://www.interprodukter.se/tillbehor.php. No, I don't have one, but it looks interesting. dipnet
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Dipnet wrote:Check out this slanted trigger shoe for Morini 162s:http://www.interprodukter.se/tillbehor.php. No, I don't have one, but it looks interesting. dipnet
I've been using one for 6-9 months now.

From the first time I used it my finger seemed to be at the perfect angle in a repeatable position, and it wasn't the "novelty factor" because it still feels perfect.

I don't know if the angle will suit everyone, but all who have tried mine say that they liked it.

The only caveat is that you need to cut a small notch on the left hand edge to hang the EC weight from.

It's also available for left-handers.

(I've got no commercial interest in the product, I just like it.)
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

I like that after market Morini trigger and the compensator. Anybody know if these are available in the USA?
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:Hello, fellow kvetcher.

When I got my Walther LPM1 with its odd, angled trigger shoe, I instantly took a file to it. Mo bettah, brah!

I used my trusty chain saw file. I did the "Russian" on the rear sight at the same time (too narrow).
I didn't think skateboard tape would adhere well - very little surface thanks to the grooves in the trigger face. Wrong! Sticks like a limpet and provides exactly the feel I'm looking for. And virtually zero effort.

As to the footwear experiment, Rog, great fashion statement but not practical.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Glad to see someone go away from here without tears on their cheeks!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I didn't think skateboard tape would adhere well - very little surface thanks to the grooves in the trigger face. Wrong! Sticks like a limpet and provides exactly the feel I'm looking for. And virtually zero effort.

No surprise to me that it sticks well. I have used this approach for years and is the reason I suggested it. If you use different grades of anti slip tape or even sandpaper the feel changes as well.