New to the forum

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
thisisdonald

New to the forum

Post by thisisdonald »

Hi folks.. having had a shot of a FWB100 yesterday on a 10m range, Ill soon be selling a few things to fund a match pistol... I have shot a ROHM, a Baikal and the FWB100 and the FWB stands out to me in terms of looks and quality. I have had a look at the 100,102 and 103.. I have seen all three trade used for about £300 - not that I have that cash ready just now, and its just your luck if one turns up..
I have read all the PDFs on Tenrings.co.uk and feel that the 10m air pistol is something I can devote some time to. I did not bad yesterday, ragged one holing 3 shots on the 9 ring..the pistol had lots of modification to the grip and I think I was pulling the shots, but overall I really enjoyed shooting it... compared to my daft wee gamo falcon I had brought along, it was like jumping out of a vauxhall nova into a lambo!!
anyway.. im off to browse the forum and hopefully learn lots about 10m air pistol.
hundert

Re: New to the forum

Post by hundert »

shooting is a great hobby, and air pistols shooting is very cheap (the pistol can be sold later for whatever reason)

The 103 is normally very expensive compared to the other two, but it probably depends on where you live.
Guns don't matter much, as long as it's your typical match gun, people shot 390+/400 with FWB65,
Here's Uwe Potteck shooting FWB102 in 1991, he constantly shot 580+ with it. I notice now the name RINK is also on scoreboard.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The FWB 100 is the oldest of the series (cheapest?). It is fully the equal of the others (102, 103) in power and ease of rebuildability (is that a word?). I'd look for that one first, but you'd also like a Pardini K58 at the right price. Another good one (but rarer) is the Walther LPM1.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

The FWB 100-103 series is the best SSP pistol to have since aftermarket parts are still available from the manufacturer.

When you’ve decided to purchase the pistol, cock the lever open and check the underside to see the condition of the piston seal. I would compare FWB as the Porsche of airguns. I’ll bet you’ll be yearning for a pcp soon afterwards!
CWB

Post by CWB »

I'm fairly new to the sport also and ended up with a Baikal. It's likely not as refined as the FWB, but if you are new to the sport then it will probably still outshoot you for some time to come (mine certainly does!).

Like you, I read through a lot of information before starting and made a list of the most useful links I found here - maybe they will be of some use to you too: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... 86#p247260

Chris