Question about ISSF Clothing?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

VicRC87

Question about ISSF Clothing?

Post by VicRC87 »

I have been trying to buy a standard size shooting clothing set, but due to my measurements it has been almost impossible to acquire one, there is a great deal in the buy sell ads here that would fit me, but its a women's suit. Is there any differences when it comes to ISSF rules between women and men jackets (not having in mind the way the measurements are set up), or any difference or as a man can I wear a woman's suit as long as it fits correctly?
IRLConor

Re: Question about ISSF Clothing?

Post by IRLConor »

There isn't any difference in the rules they have to pass, but depending on how the jacket was cut you might have issues placing the buttons. If it's an off-the-peg model you'll probably be fine, but if it was made to measure for a particular woman then it will come down to her body shape and how aggressively tailored the jacket was.

I'd worry first about getting a jacket that fits (to prevent injury) and worry second about getting a jacket that will pass a proper equipment control.
VicRC87

Re: Question about ISSF Clothing?

Post by VicRC87 »

IRLConor wrote:There isn't any difference in the rules they have to pass, but depending on how the jacket was cut you might have issues placing the buttons. If it's an off-the-peg model you'll probably be fine, but if it was made to measure for a particular woman then it will come down to her body shape and how aggressively tailored the jacket was.

I'd worry first about getting a jacket that fits (to prevent injury) and worry second about getting a jacket that will pass a proper equipment control.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply