Anschutz m10 service?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
massrog

Anschutz m10 service?

Post by massrog »

I would like to know any info on the M10 (good/bad?) and if parts and service are still available stateside. Thanks in advance!!!
william

Re: Anschutz m10 service?

Post by william »

Do a search on this forum for "m10." There are 80+ messages for you to absorb, and probably lots more if you search in other places.

An M10 was my favorite AP, and I hated to see it go. It developed an internal air leak that would allow a full cylinder to become an empty cylinder in less than an hour and 45 minutes after being screwed onto the pistol. The only way I saw to get it reliably fixed was to send it back to SAM in Switzerland. If you didn't already know: the M10 was designed by Cesare Morini, built by SAM, and marketed by Anschütz. If one needs service, SAM has no representation in the USA and Anschütz has had no connection to that model for nearly 20 years.

It's a great pistol that I would value as a historical relic, not so much as a working tool that I could trust through a year or more of matches & practice. If you're looking at the one on GB, I'd place it's historical value at about 2/3 of its current bid. But then, I'm almost as much a curmudgeon (or should I say cheapskate) as Rover.
massrog

Post by massrog »

william wrote:Do a search on this forum for "m10." There are 80+ messages for you to absorb, and probably lots more if you search in other places.

An M10 was my favorite AP, and I hated to see it go. It developed an internal air leak that would allow a full cylinder to become an empty cylinder in less than an hour and 45 minutes after being screwed onto the pistol. The only way I saw to get it reliably fixed was to send it back to SAM in Switzerland. If you didn't already know: the M10 was designed by Cesare Morini, built by SAM, and marketed by Anschütz. If one needs service, SAM has no representation in the USA and Anschütz has had no connection to that model for nearly 20 years.

It's a great pistol that I would value as a historical relic, not so much as a working tool that I could trust through a year or more of matches & practice. If you're looking at the one on GB, I'd place it's historical value at about 2/3 of its current bid. But then, I'm almost as much a curmudgeon (or should I say cheapskate) as Rover.
Thanks William! I was looking at that one and a SAM m10 elsewhere. I guess I should "bite the bullet" and look for something newer. I borrowed a Rohm twinmaster PA10 last club season and loved it but the owner wouldn't sell. Any suggestion for a decent non steyr/morini (preferably in the $1,000.00 range or so)? Thanks again!
Skorpionworks

Post by Skorpionworks »

My wife was in much the same airuation. She settled on Steyr LP1 PCP. Even if you can find a CO2 version of the LP1, you can puchase the conversion kit for around 180 Euro. She loves it and scores well with it.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Looks like William got it right.

Do a Search for "SSP" under my handle and you'll find more info than you'd ever want on guns far superior to the Rohm for far less than $1000.
massrog

Post by massrog »

Rover wrote:Looks like William got it right.

Do a Search for "SSP" under my handle and you'll find more info than you'd ever want on guns far superior to the Rohm for far less than $1000.
Rover you're probably right but I'm lazy. I like live bait fishing over lures and tanks over pumps for shooting, lol. Just too much effort for what for me is relaxation more than anything else.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I owned a SAM/ANSCHUTZ M10 compact version. It developed a pressure drop, however this was corrected by making a new internal seal which cured the emphysema.
Great trigger, SAM production quality, and the new owner three years later is successfully using it weekly at our Club.

However the last paragraph of Williams post is of greater relevance.