Bavarian Airgun Championship

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USA Shooting

Bavarian Airgun Championship

Post by USA Shooting »

Rhiann Travis was the top U.S. finisher today at the Bavarian Airgun Championships in Munich, Germany, taking silver in Junior Women's Air Rifle. Elizabeth Marsh finished in ninth place, just .4 out of qualifying for the Final.
In Junior Men's Air Rifle, Ivan Roe finished in fifth place today and Will Shaner finished in 12th - just .6 out of qualifying for the Final.
In the Women's Air Pistol competition, Lydia Paterson finished in 20th, Courtney Anthony in 51st and Alexis Lagan in 54th.
View complete scores from the Bavarian Airgun Championships thus far here: http://results.sius.com/Events.aspx
shaky hands

Re: Bavarian Airgun Championship

Post by shaky hands »

What is the relation of Bavarian Airgun Championship to Meyton Cup? Are these separate events with different entry lists?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If you are asking about the Meyton Cup that finished about a week ago, that was in Innsbruck, Austria.

What is (incorrectly) being called the Bavarian Airgun Championships is in Munich, Germany.

Two completely different matches.

Next week there will be Intershoot in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Just being pedantic, and duly following David Levene's brief rectifying remark: the Bavarian airgun championships wil be held in late June and early July 2016, on several days.
The present match is an (annual) international competition under ISSF auspices called "IWK Hochbrück 2016".

Alexander
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Thank you. I guess what puzzled me was that my compatriot Courtney Anthony got bronze in Meyton but was only 51st in Munich. The second American lady very much followed the suit. I wonder how the participants differ in the two events. (I could not find the results for the Meyton cup, their site seems to be only in German.)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

shaky hands wrote:(I could not find the results for the Meyton cup, their site seems to be only in German.)
Try here.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Thanks again. Interesting. Meyton seems a rather small event, almost like a warm-up to Munich. By the way, seeing Elena Galiabovitch from Austria in both lists rings a bell about a coach from Belarus with the same last name. I wonder if they are related.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I mean, if you want to get pedantic, you might as well go full pedantry.

It's a championship, contested with airguns, in the state of Bavaria. "Bavarian airgun championship" is technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I am pedantic. But you are only silly.
A match conducted with airguns in Texas is NOT the Texan Airgun Championship.
If you would still not see why, I would recommend remedial English classes.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Someone being silly?

On an Internet forum?

Now I've heard everything.