Pardini k60

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
924mike

Pardini k60

Post by 924mike »

Hello all. I am interested in a pardini k60. I have a fellow club member that has one for sale ($350). Are these pistols still serviceable? What are the most common problems with them? Are they still competitive? I currently have a daisy 747 that i like but want to upgrade a little. I mainly only shoot in nra club events, local matches, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Rover

Re: Pardini k60

Post by Rover »

Buy it! Easy (read cheap) repairs by our host. CO2 easily available (tank from your friend?). Pistol is completely competitive with anything out there. Wonderfully accurate; this is WAY above your 747.
2ridgebacks

Post by 2ridgebacks »

Rover,
I know you are big on CO2 pistols from searching threads on the K60. This is a 2fer. I'm in on this deal with Mike. Are parts still available for these guns? I'm familiar with fills from my paintball days. I need a scale in grams though. What is the downside to CO2? I know why we went HPA in paintball, and I'm curious why everyone jumped ship in air pistol. It would seem that the inconvenience on HPA fills would have kept a few around.
JD Mahan

Post by JD Mahan »

I'll jump in here. Pardini USA has an extensive list of parts available for the k60.

I have also had excellent service (from PardiniUSA, especially Alex and Emil) on my (recently sold) k58.

I agree, jump on it.
Last edited by JD Mahan on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEA

Post by BEA »

I am not familiar with the K60, but I am familiar with shooting CO2. I am still shooting a Walther CO2 pistol and it easy and convenient. A scale can be purchased at Walmart for a very reasonable price, one that weighs in both grams and ounces. Good luck.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Forget the scale. Do not chill the cylinder before filling and you'll be fine. You will have more problems from over-filling than under.

You get so many shots from a cylinder that getting the "proper" fill isn't a problem. Your only problems might come from very large extremes of temperature. Shooting on a heated/cooled range will take care of that. The guns do not work well in the 115 to 120 degree Arizona summers.

I'm not really PRO CO2, so much as ANTI high prices (especially for guys like you), therefor my pushing the "old" technology (which is perfectly satisfactory and competitive).
Last edited by Rover on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEA

Post by BEA »

The proper way to fill the cylinders is to chill them in a refrigerator not a freezer. You will overfill them and sometimes blow out the check valve if you freeze them. Chilling my Walther cylinders in the fridge works fine and they never overfill. A scale may not be essential, but they are inexpensive and handy for satisfying your curiosity as to how much CO2 is in a cylinder.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

Back in the day, I shot every CO2 pistol available including successive models within brands, from Walther, to FWB to Pardini K60 to Steyr.

I've kept two of them and that's all... my Steyr LP1-P and my Pardini K60

In addition to what others have written regarding K60 accuracy, availability of parts, etc. I found it very tolerant to temperature extremes. The 1990 US Shooting Championships at Chino, CA was very hot, and several of the steel frame FWBs and Walthers had some degree of vapor lock in the 90° heat in the shooting pavilion. My score was nothing to brag about, but the aluminum frame K60 kept shooting without a hiccup.

Not a "little upgrade" from the 747, but a SUBSTANTIAL upgrade. At $350, it is a steal if in shooting condition and if the cylinders hold CO2.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

2ridgebacks wrote:Rover,
What is the downside to CO2? I know why we went HPA in paintball, and I'm curious why everyone jumped ship in air pistol. It would seem that the inconvenience on HPA fills would have kept a few around.
For use outside, you want compressed air because it is more temperature tolerant. For 10m use indoors, CO2 is fine, because the environment is usually controlled within CO2's best operating temperature range.

CO2 can be used outside. I am prepping a CO2 Steyr for AAFTA Field Target use as I write this. However, one must be very aware of the ambient temperature and exposure to sunlight issues. I doubt I will use my CO2 pistol outdoors in the heat of the summer.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Here is the REAL lowdown on CO2:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=co2

Read at your peril!

For further dismay do a Search under CO2 by pilkgun.