Centra adjustable M22 problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Buckeye

Centra adjustable M22 problem

Post by Buckeye »

I picked up a used M22 adjustable front sight that is so tight it barely turns to adjust the appetature size. I have sprayed it with TSI 300 to no avail. Can these units be taken apart?
Or is there some adjustment that needs to be done to get it to turn freely?
dc.fireman

Re: Centra adjustable M22 problem

Post by dc.fireman »

Buckeye -

If you have a penetrating type oil (Kroil, Liquid Wrench, etc.), apply a thin film around both end rings of the tunnel. I've had several of these, and this trick usually works. If you're impatient, you can 'oil' it all around - but I recommend several light films, rather than one heavy one.

This generally happens, when the apertures are used in humid climates, or they get wet. They will develop a thin layer of rust inside, and it will take the oil getting in and breaking it down to clean it out. Be prepared that once you do free it up, to have either some cotton swabs, or small cleaning patches present - the orange crud that comes out will flow freely everywhere once the oil goes to work.

Work both ends of the locking rings back and forth gently until you feel it loosen up. You can use a can of compressed air, and a small jet nozzle to blow any overflow, or orange crud out. If the aperture has any kind of lens in it, make sure to open it up before you blow the air through it.

good luck!