two triggers, one goal

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
NanoZ.

two triggers, one goal

Post by NanoZ. »

I have a IZH46M with which I shot at my house every day, because it makes little noise and will not disturb the neighbors.
I have a FWB P40 with which participated in the championships.

two different triggers can be good training for best results?

Nano
cpe

Re: two triggers, one goal

Post by cpe »

I think the key to having two different guns or two triggers (or both) which are helpful for training is to have them provide complementary results for the user. I have also used an IZH46 for practice and then shifted to the P40 for matches and always seem to shoot better with the p40 (mostly). I use both for the same reason in that the izzie is really quiet to shoot and I have neighbors who are too close and they dont want booming sounds at 1am

Since the IZH is more nose heavy, has lesser grips and has a simpler trigger, it forces different muscle training and hold which is somewhat different and seems complementary with a p40 in my experience. I find the opposite to be the case going from a P40 to the LP10. I always shoot worse on the lp10 for some reason partly because it feels so light in the hand and I gave up on the Steyr for matches (and training).

If having the heavier feeling 46 for training is a workable option and allows you more hold and shot practice than one would ordinarily experience that seems like it has to be a good thing. I think practicing primarily on a single gun is still probably ideal, but a "complementary" gun approach might be a good option given the circumstances. I wonder if there are other naturally complementary combinations for training and matches.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The best training is just to use your match gun.

If there is a reason, such as noise, to use a different gun in training then OK, but it's a compromise.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

cpe wrote:I always shoot worse on the lp10 for some reason partly because it feels so light in the hand and I gave up on the Steyr for matches (and training).
You could always put more weights on both sides of the barrel shroud and the grip to make the pistol heavier.
NanoZ. wrote:I have a FWB P40 with which participated in the championships. two different triggers can be good training for best results?
I assume if you used the FWB P40 in the championships, you must be shooting higher scores and your muscle memory is accustomed to that particular trigger.
I shoot my P34 short better than my IZH46M because it feels well balanced in my hand. However, my LP10 beats them both since it has the grip and trigger that I am used to.

Anyway, the better you get, the more dry firing practice vs. live fire is needed. I would have to say two DIFFERENT triggers is not good for training and will not help you.
rmca

Post by rmca »

David Levene wrote:The best training is just to use your match gun.

If there is a reason, such as noise, to use a different gun in training then OK, but it's a compromise.
+1
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Nestruev - shooting is shooting, just shoot everything
97nick

Post by 97nick »

I would defiantly shoot just one gun. if you are serous enough to practice, you should just use the one gun I think :)