Anshutz 1907 Bolt Removal

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

grumpybee

Anshutz 1907 Bolt Removal

Post by grumpybee »

Stupid question: I cannot remove the bolt from a CMP Anshutz 1907 target rifle Small button lever on the left side of the receiver does not push all the way down or forward so as to allow the bolt to release from the action as "expected". Rifle is relatively new - about 1000 rnds through it - bolt has not been out before. Rifle works fine otherwise - just cannot get the bolt out. Tricks? Advice? Laughter at the idiot? :) Thanks in advance -
Martin Catley

Re: Anshutz 1907 Bolt Removal

Post by Martin Catley »

Maybe "silly" answer, but you are pushing the "Button" in are you. Not down or forward but in.
bruce

Post by bruce »

The rear bedding bolt can interfere with the movement of the action, if the bedding bolt has been over tightened, or if the stock has shrunk. I live in Scotland, so I've never encountered low humidity :) but I can imagine that the timber drying out could lead to the stock shrinking slightly.
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

The bottom lug of the bolt/firing pin could also be fouling on the stock to the rear of the tang - removing the action from the stock would allow the bolt to be removed if that's the case. Not a solution but at least you'd know what the problem is..

K.
grumpybee

Post by grumpybee »

Bedding bolt and action issues - good advice - thanks. Yes - pressing bolt release button "in" but does not depress as far as I would "think". In any case, no matter how I fiddle with the release button the bolt will not disengage. I'll check the bedding bolts and worst case - remove the whole action. Thanks again - please let me know if other ideas.