Any pictures of a disassembled Steyr LP-1 Regulator?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DFWdude

Any pictures of a disassembled Steyr LP-1 Regulator?

Post by DFWdude »

Does anyone have any pictures of a disassembled Steyr LP-1 Regulator? Parts layout, etc? I have a CO2 LP1-P and am considering converting it to compressed air.

Also, there is a Chinese pistol under development (Sport pistol, not a match gun). It appears to have a similar regulator to the Steyr, so I would like to compare parts to see if it's a ripoff...
Attachments
MRODAIR AIRMAX.jpg
kevinweiho

Re: Any pictures of a disassembled Steyr LP-1 Regulator?

Post by kevinweiho »

DFWdude wrote:I have a CO2 LP1-P and am considering converting it to compressed air. Also, there is a Chinese pistol under development (Sport pistol, not a match gun). It appears to have a similar regulator to the Steyr, so I would like to compare parts to see if it's a ripoff...
The conversion kit to compressed air costs $575, it is best to wait for a used LP10, LP2, or other PCP pistols with a good price on the buy/sell section.

Steyr is light years ahead of Mrodair's pistol, there is no comparison!
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

Unless you are having issues with CO2 (I know it can be a little laborious to fill), why change? The LP-1 in CO2, especially the second generation variant, is a great gun and fully capable of world class results. The only wrinkle with sticking with CO2 would be showing up at a significant level event with 15 to 20 year old cylinders! Either way, you would need current cylinders, whether they were air or CO2.

As far as the conversion costing $575, that is a price from one vendor which includes 2 cylinders. You only need one in date cylinder to compete, so I would find a kit with one cylinder and save about $225.

cricman
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

kevinweiho wrote:Steyr is light years ahead of Mrodair's pistol, there is no comparison!
No doubt about this fact. My interest is to compare the regulator designs not the complete pistols. Both of these regulator designs are very compact, which is what interests me.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

Cricman wrote:Unless you are having issues with CO2 (I know it can be a little laborious to fill), why change? The LP-1 in CO2, especially the second generation variant, is a great gun and fully capable of world class results. The only wrinkle with sticking with CO2 would be showing up at a significant level event with 15 to 20 year old cylinders! Either way, you would need current cylinders, whether they were air or CO2.
cricman
Many years ago, I successfully shot 10m pistol with one of the first Steyr CO2s, a "Steyr Match" described by the factory today as an LP1-P (prototype). But these pistols have uses beyond 10m.

At the Dallas Field Target Club (http://www.dallasftclub.org), we shoot outdoor Field Target matches, with both rifles (10-55yds) and pistols (10-35yds). My old Steyr will work for this, but CO2 is problematic outdoors with temperature changes over a 2-hour match. Or from moderate April temps to torrid August scorchers, where CO2 simply will not fly. Not to mention the lack of CO2 refill tanks in this venue.

Reaching out to 35 yds with enough retained energy to knock-down a metallic silhouette target demands more than a 5fpe CO2 pistol. Power limit for FT Pistol is 12fpe. So, it's PCP for this application. Conversions exist, but usually cost nearly twice the price of the original pistol. Here's an example...

I will be building my own PCP regulator for this, so I am gathering engineering drawings for ideas.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

DFWdude, this is what you're looking for?:
Attachments
Steyr LP10 exploded diagram.gif
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

kevinweiho wrote:DFWdude, this is what you're looking for?:
Thanks, Kevin. This helps a lot. I've looked for the corresponding parts list, which describes the individual parts. I know what o-rings and Belleville washers look like. But the remaining parts and how they fit together is just guesswork atm. Would you (anyone) have a parts list that goes with the exploded view? Link is fine, too. EDIT: OK here it is... http://www.steyr-sport.com/images/flipb ... 0_c_en.pdf

I think some pictures would also help identify the assembly placement of the parts (how they go together) forward of the Belleville washers. That's what I need to find, next.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I've seen folks on this site who would prefer a CO2 gun. Just sell it and buy a PCP. You could swap grips, too.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

Rover wrote:I've seen folks on this site who would prefer a CO2 gun. Just sell it and buy a PCP. You could swap grips, too.
Thanks for the advice.

I think I'll keep my low serial number "CO2 Match" for its sentimental value, and either modify it (just for engineering fun) or buy one or more PCP Steyrs to experiment with.

I've asked for pics and drawings because I am well capable of manufacturing my own regulators. I don't need to trade one airgun to buy another.
Attachments
mb1.jpg
Steyr1.jpg
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Nice work, is that 19 duct compensator for looks or is it funcional?
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

kevinweiho wrote:Nice work, is that 19 duct compensator for looks or is it funcional?
The small holes serve the function of lightening the weight of the flip compensator. Light to begin with, but, you know...