Looking at getting either a K12 or 162 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cloudswimmer

Looking at getting either a K12 or 162 EI

Post by cloudswimmer »

Hi guys,

Been a looooong time since I been here. So I sold my LP10 about 4 years ago and have been doing IDPA and handgun hunting since then. So now I'm getting the itch to shoot 10m AP again and need a gun. My silver LP10 shot great obviously, but I was just not real thrilled with the aesthetics of it. So this time around I was kinda set on getting a Morini 162 EI, but after talking to the girl at Pilk last Friday, and she not sure of the availability, and Champions Coice only having a 162 long with medium grip (I need small) I started looking at other options. So I stumbled on the Pardini K12 and read a thread here on it that sounded encouraging, so I called Pardini USA and they have one available with a small grip. But then today I called Pilk again and it looks like he may be able to get me a 162 EI long with small grip after all, and will be calling me tommorow after he finds out. So now I'm kinda at a toss up.......get the 162 EI or the K12? I need some input from some of you if possible as I'm ready to purchase this week. Thanks for reading!

Chris
Rover

Re: Looking at getting either a K12 or 162 EI

Post by Rover »

Pardini K58.
JD Mahan

Post by JD Mahan »

Funny, I just went through the same decision.

And I'm probably going to sell my Pardini k58 (love it, just never shoot it anymore).

Any how, according to our host's website, they wouldn't sell me a long version. That's fine, his choice, other options.

I had the opportunity to shoot both the Morini and Pardini side by side (and a little time with an lp10). Not perfect, but alternated 10 shot series, did a lot of just holding, etc.

I choose the Pardini k12. It just felt more 'right', and the trigger was noticeably better. I also appreciated that PardiniUSA had them in stock, ready to ship, and would sell me what I wanted. Also, I shoot a SP, and have been very happy with the support I get from the Pardini guys for my k58.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

cloudswimmer wrote:My silver LP10 shot great obviously, but I was just not real thrilled with the aesthetics of it.
Chris, do you think that the aesthetics of a gun will make you shoot higher scores?
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

kevinweiho wrote:
cloudswimmer wrote:My silver LP10 shot great obviously, but I was just not real thrilled with the aesthetics of it.
Chris, do you think that the aesthetics of a gun will make you shoot higher scores?
Yes ...... The better a gun looks the better it shoots ;) But seriously, Steyer, Morini, Pardini, FWB, MG, heck even an Izzy will always out shoot me. In my firearms collection I tend to shoot best with my best looking guns because they're the ones I shoot more with :)
6string

Post by 6string »

For what it's worth, I'd vote for the Pardini K12. I have an older Pardini K2S and really love it. When I first got it, I also had a Steyr LP1, but preferred the Pardini for it's feel, balance and trigger. I was also regularly using a Morini, an Anschutz LP@, plus a lot of older stuff like Walther & FWB CO2 APs. All are obviously quite accurate, but I was noticeably less fatigued at the end of a 60 shot match when using the Pardini.

Jim
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

cloudswimmer wrote:
kevinweiho wrote:
Yes ...... The better a gun looks the better it shoots ;) But seriously, Steyer, Morini, Pardini, FWB, MG, heck even an Izzy will always out shoot me. In my firearms collection I tend to shoot best with my best looking guns because they're the ones I shoot more with :)
So, you would prefer a looker over a shooter...kinda reminds me that all competitors on a field that use Nike shoes will surely win. I think the best pistol for you is the one that fits your hand like a glove and feels like an extension to your body, no matter if it’s fugly.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You'll be OK as long as you get the one with the racing stripes for added horsepower.

Also, you may wish to communicate with Clarence Perkins regarding the benefits of "farkling."

Whichever you choose, I'm sure that within two weeks you'll wish you'd chosen the other.
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

Rover wrote:You'll be OK as long as you get the one with the racing stripes for added horsepower.
That would be the Pardini!

Neither have adjustable grip tho.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

kevinweiho wrote: do you think that the aesthetics of a gun will make you shoot higher scores?
Yepp, no doubt.
scausi

Post by scausi »

Buy the pistol that feels right for you .Morini would serve you well , buy a pistol made this century
I wouldn't buy on looks
therider

Post by therider »

Rover wrote: Whichever you choose, I'm sure that within two weeks you'll wish you'd chosen the other.
Golden words!

By the way the feeling of k12 and 162ei cannot be more different! I often shoot them both as l some of my fellow shooters own both.
I would really recommend to try them! Totally different feel of trigger , grip and sights!
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

I really wish I could try them all. Down here where I'm at in South Orange County Calif. AP is pretty alien, everybody down here is into IPSC and IDPA firearms (including me) So I'm kinda on my own with no ability to try AP guns out. Last AP I bought was the original Steyer LP10 which I bought new from our sponsor here sight unseen. I tried both medium and small grips but was never really comfortable with either, and was going to need to either start sanding or get a custom grip, and also the shiny aluminum finish bothered me too (shoulda bought the black one in hind sight) Along came an opourtunity for a custom firearm I had wanted for a long time so I sold the LP10 to fund it.

So I've been watching ISSF matches to fill me in with the time I've been out of it, reading my Yur'Yev book, and looking at manufacturer's websites to see what's new. Looks like not much has changed since I've been gone. People are still winning ISSF finals with 162's here and there, Steyer still seems to dominate the field )though now with the electronic trigger), and the Pardini K12, Walther, and MG seem to be sprinkled into the field here and there. So It's come down to the 162 EI or K12, and I think I'm going to get the Morini from our sponsor here unless somebody wants to talk me out of it :)

Chris
Rover

Post by Rover »

Pardini K58.
therider

Post by therider »

Again both great.

K12 has a a mechanical trigger, a recoil adsorbed and a rear sight which are fantastic. The grip feels 'fat' in your hand. Feels like gripping a baseball bat, with a larger raking angle. It feels a bit nose heavier than 162.
When you shoot there is no movement at all!

162ei has a great electronic trigger. The grip feels more upright. Comletely different from k12. No bat in you hand. It's much slimmer. The pistol feels to me rearward a balanced , similar to lp10
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

Well I've decided to get the Pardini K12. Alex said he would send me both a small and medium grip and I can send one back after deciding which fits best, that's excellent service ..... just like Pilk when they sent me two LP10 grips. BTW for anyone reading this in the future Alex says the K12 now comes with a black bolt, and the cylinders are now like the original lighter ones without the hex nut on the end, only difference now being silver in color vs goldish. Thanks for the help guys.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Rover wrote:You'll be OK as long as you get the one with the racing stripes for added horsepower.

Also, you may wish to communicate with Clarence Perkins regarding the benefits of "farkling."

Whichever you choose, I'm sure that within two weeks you'll wish you'd chosen the other.

Come on Rover, you like my "farkle", just admit it :)

Clarence
D.R. badge #99
Rover

Post by Rover »

Clarence, when you show me your farkle I wet myself.

BTW Did you notice I got a "new" SSP; a Walther LPM1. I really, really like it.

I'm still trying to outshoot it with my Steyr LP1.
cloudswimmer

Post by cloudswimmer »

cloudswimmer wrote:Well I've decided to get the Pardini K12. Alex said he would send me both a small and medium grip and I can send one back after deciding which fits best, that's excellent service ..... just like Pilk when they sent me two LP10 grips. BTW for anyone reading this in the future Alex says the K12 now comes with a black bolt, and the cylinders are now like the original lighter ones without the hex nut on the end, only difference now being silver in color vs goldish. Thanks for the help guys.
Scratch that I went Morini instead, better economy ;)
paw080

Post by paw080 »

cloudswimmer wrote:I really wish I could try them all. Down here where I'm at in South Orange County Calif. AP is pretty alien, everybody down here is into IPSC and IDPA firearms (including me) So I'm kinda on my own with no ability to try AP guns out. Last AP I bought was the original Steyer LP10 which I bought new from our sponsor here sight unseen. I tried both medium and small grips but was never really comfortable with either, and was going to need to either start sanding or get a custom grip, and also the shiny aluminum finish bothered me too (shoulda bought the black one in hind sight) Along came an opourtunity for a custom firearm I had wanted for a long time so I sold the LP10 to fund it.

So I've been watching ISSF matches to fill me in with the time I've been out of it, reading my Yur'Yev book, and looking at manufacturer's websites to see what's new. Looks like not much has changed since I've been gone. People are still winning ISSF finals with 162's here and there, Steyer still seems to dominate the field )though now with the electronic trigger), and the Pardini K12, Walther, and MG seem to be sprinkled into the field here and there. So It's come down to the 162 EI or K12, and I think I'm going to get the Morini from our sponsor here unless somebody wants to talk me out of it :)

Chris
Dear Cloud, There are frequent 10M AP60 matches run by Mr Kim in La Puente, California. Search this forum

for ways to get in touch with him. He also hosts the occasional Free Pistol and Sport/Standard Pistol matches

at the Prado Park Olympic shooting venue. Actually, there are several AP and Sport Pistol shooters that live in

or used to live in Orange county and a bunch of Bullseye shooters too; you're not as alone as you think you are.

Tony