Best ammo for Hammerli 10x and Morini CM84E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Best ammo for Hammerli 10x and Morini CM84E

Post by conradin »

I have purchased both, but I don't know what is the best ammo for them. If they need separate brand of ammo, no problem. If they can share a brand of ammo, that's great. I just want opinion. I know Eley is the best, but I wonder if others like RWS will be OK. I also want to know which "model" of the brand that I need for either the Hammerli 10x or the Morini CM84E or both.

Yes, I am sure a lot of people will say "try it and find one that you like it", but I actually want direct opinion. Why did you choose this brand and this model, what is good or what is bad, etc.

FYI the Hammerli 10x is in very good shape, so you can consider it capable of using high end ammo as if the Pistol is new.
Rover

Post by Rover »

CCI Standard Velocity, but only in the cardboard box. If you can't shoot in the 540s with that, then try the same ammo in the plastic box.
Last edited by Rover on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOVTMODEL

Choosing the best .22LR ammunition

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Having been to the Eley Customer Range with three (3) Hammerli pistols, I say with confidence that there is sufficient lot to lot variation in a product as consistent as TENEX that, unless you're willing to do lot testing and then buy several cases from the chosen lot, don't worry about it.

I tested seventeen lots in three pistols. In my own experience, the best lots shot groups that were about half the size of the worst lots, but each pistol worked best with a different lot, and there was no correlation from pistol to pistol.

All tested lots easily held the ten ring at 50 meters. So, if you shoot a 9, it's probably your fault:-)
madmull

Post by madmull »

started with SK standardplus and now i am using SK Rifle Match
SK rifle shoots easy in the hammerli and the morini.
The recoil is minimum.

Eley and RWS are too expensive but i have shot ones wirh RWS R50,
Nice ammo but too expensive.
manpreetdhillon1

Re: Best ammo for Hammerli 10x and Morini CM84E

Post by manpreetdhillon1 »

I tried Eely Club, Eely Tenex, SK Rifle Match, Federal Target Orange, RWS R50. I found that Eely Club was best value for money and overall most accurate for me.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

I feed my Morini RWS Target Rifle. I've a supply of Eley, but I think all the match-grade ammo will outshoot any non-Olympic shooter.
mctrucky

Post by mctrucky »

I use Lapua Xact - but only because I got several thousand rounds as a freebie :-). I also have used Tenex, SK pistol and CCI Standard velocity (which is about 1/10th the price of the Lapua); and would not be able to tell the difference in the results. One thing to take note of is how dirty the powder is - I found that Eley builds up residue around the action more than Lapua/SK. I also find eley ejects far more reliably than some others.

I have a CM84.

And yes - they will all batch differently - but in the real world can you tell the difference between a 15mm group and a 20 mm group at 50 metres? I certainly cant.