IZH 46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Re: IZH 46M

Post by Rover »

The only thing touching anywhere is brass or bronze. You're not pounding the snot out of the bore, just a few gentle strokes (I know you have plenty of practice at that).
rmca

Post by rmca »

Let's look at page 45 from the LP10 manual... the book that no one reads...
LP10 Cleaning.JPG
LP10 Cleaning.JPG (54.37 KiB) Viewed 969 times
In addition to that, for SSP's only, add a drop of oil to the piston seal every 500 shots. That's it, no need for anything else.

Hope this helps
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

doctp12 wrote:Cleaning the bore..TSI 301, where can I get it, Pyramid? Do you ??ever?? use a copper brush on the barrel?? Yes, newbie question. Moly lube friction points.. what product? Sold where? Tom
Our host sells the TSI 301 lubricant, but you can also use Ballistol. You can buy the Moly lube from Pyramid Air or Guard Dog lubricants (GD-525 moly grease). I would not recommend using a copper brush unless the rod is coated with nylon. Utmost care must be taken since you will be cleaning from the muzzle end to avoid damaging the crown.

I prefer cleaning the bore using a crown saver and a cotton patch.
Last edited by kevinweiho on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

rmca wrote:Let's look at page 45 from the LP10 manual... the book that no one reads...
The 46M and the LP10 both have cold hammer forged barrels, but the BIG difference is that the Steyr is completely nickel plated inside and out, (making them corrosion free) while the Izzy is only hot blued. That is why they only recommend felt pellets to clean the lead build up in the bore.

If you live in a humid area and you're not going to use the 46M for a long time, it is best to wipe down the metal exterior surface, bore, and barrel to prevent rust.
Rover

Post by Rover »

We're not talking regular cleaning here. We're referring to hogging out the crusted bluing salts, dried grease, and machining swarf which you do not want to be "ironed" into the bore.

Ruin the gun? Don't any of you guys have a delicate touch?
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
Green_Canoe

Post by Green_Canoe »

Rover wrote:The only thing touching anywhere is brass or bronze. You're not pounding the snot out of the bore, just a few gentle strokes (I know you have plenty of practice at that).

Since you obviously have more practice gently stoking bores with small tools, I shall acquiesce to your experience.