Use of Winchester Autocomp powder

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg R

Use of Winchester Autocomp powder

Post by Greg R »

Powder has been getting scarce around here and I have the opportunity to use Winchester Autocomp powder. Is it any good for .32 loads for centre fire? Is so anyone have any loads they have used successfully. Thanks.
madmax

Re: Use of Winchester Autocomp powder

Post by madmax »

I am saving my good powder (N310) for open competitions. I'm getting acceptable results from 1.9gn TrailBoss in a Toz49 case. Slightly longer than the .32S&W Long, but a little less (1.6 - 1.8) would probably give good results. It's worth a try, as an alternative. This is the first time I have used it in a small case (usually .357 and .44M) and I am more than satisfied to use it for practice and club level matches.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

N310, and other Vit powders, seem to be available here - South Australia - if ordered without too much trouble - although at around twice the price of 'normal' powders.
WST and Bullseye work well if they can be found, AS30 not so much - although its fine in .38, if you can get Trailboss to work maybe your luck with AS30 will be better than mine.
Looking at the description of Autocomp I'd say it looks unsuitable for 0.32
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Hodgdon Titewad, not titegroup, has a similar burn rate to VV310. I use it for 32SW.