Toz-35 barrel

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
funtoz

Toz-35 barrel

Post by funtoz »

Does someone have the shank and thread specs for this free pistol. I think having the tooling ready before I try to turn this barrel off would be handy.

Larry
BEA

Re: Toz-35 barrel

Post by BEA »

I have a TOZ barrel that is removed, but have no way to measure a metric thread. Why are you putting a new barrel on it? Usually the TOZ barrels shoot good.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

My Toz is one of those junk guns that Russia dumped into the US a while back. It shoots better than I can, but the crown is not perfect and the exterior is horribly pitted over the fore end. It is way more than I want to try to polish out. I am considering a number of options: I can buy a replacement barrel, I can buy a barreled receiver, or I can buy a drop from a gunsmith, then thread and chamber it.

Larry
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

So it still shoots okay? Ceracote it maybe: Pimp my Toz.

Toz are always a bit of a turd, even when they are minty - they will win no beauty competitions but often they are supremely accurate.

Whilst you're at it spiral flute the barrel, add a side cocking lever, and a blow up comp.

Google image search "daryl szarenski" if you are after a few examples of a turd being polished (Not daryl, the toz)!
Image Image
Invictus87

Post by Invictus87 »

Larry's Guns had barreled Toz actions for pretty cheap, maybe you could go that route?
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

I am planning to call Larry come Monday. I find it hard to believe its not a typo.

Larry
spektr

Post by spektr »

Oh Come on, Russian stuff has that "Thor and Buelha hammered it out on hollow tree stumps with blacksmiths hammers" coolness about it. Russian stuff, even their fighter planes, is a bit agricultural at times. But MAAN they shoot....
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Oh Come on, Russian stuff has that "Thor and Buelha hammered it out on hollow tree stumps with blacksmiths hammers" coolness about it. Russian stuff, even their fighter planes, is a bit agricultural at times. But MAAN they shoot....
Goes to prove that you can't judge a book by its cover.

Unless the rifling it badly pitted you could have it shot peened, re crowned, and blued.