What size scuba tank?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dolbyconnor

What size scuba tank?

Post by dolbyconnor »

So I had an 80 cu.ft. tank for my Steyr LP1P and it lasted forever...so long I have no idea how many times I could fill my cylinder with it. However, it was cumbersome to haul around.

Anyone use smaller scuba tanks to fill your cylinders? What size are you using and how many fills are you getting out of it?
Rover

Re: What size scuba tank?

Post by Rover »

You can buy used 80's cheap.

Why the hell would you haul one around?
spektr

Post by spektr »

I have a 13.... I fill it up maybe every 6 weeks... easy to carry around BUT it would be impractical to support a rifle.
sparky

Post by sparky »

spektr wrote:I have a 13.... I fill it up maybe every 6 weeks... easy to carry around BUT it would be impractical to support a rifle.
Interesting. I'm in a similar situation as the OP. When you say every 6 weeks, about how many shots are you firing in that 6 week period?
spektr

Post by spektr »

sparky wrote:
spektr wrote:I have a 13.... I fill it up maybe every 6 weeks... easy to carry around BUT it would be impractical to support a rifle.
Interesting. I'm in a similar situation as the OP. When you say every 6 weeks, about how many shots are you firing in that 6 week period?
Hard to tell exactly, I shoot the airgun 3 or 4 nights a week and anywhere from 40 to 100 rnds an evening. I could still fill from the tank but it was down to 50% capacity and I just bite the bullet and go to the dive shop. The dive shop by the way, was wonderful about getting me into the system and fills my tanks overnight at the worst, most times while I wait for ten minutes or so .... When they were busy and couldn't get to the tank till the morning, they did fill both my gun cylinders so I wasn't without a way to shoot..... good guys..... They charge me $8 a fill when I insist on paying for it.... Most times they just smile and wish me luck shooting....
sparky

Post by sparky »

Thanks for the info!