TOZ 35m light hits

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mudhenk27

TOZ 35m light hits

Post by mudhenk27 »

I shot my new TOZ last night and love it...what a fun gun to shoot! I had a few rounds that failed to fire because of light hits...about one in twelve shots. The mark from the firing pin was almost non-existent. I'm using Norma Tac22, which has been very reliable for me, and I fired the rounds that had the light hits later in my Benelli.

Is there an adjustment I can make to improve this?

thx.....Bill
Greg Derr

Re: TOZ 35m light hits

Post by Greg Derr »

Weak firing pin spring.you should have a spare in the kit if you got the parts with the TOZ a.
mudhenk27

Post by mudhenk27 »

Wow...that was quick. Thanks Gregg, I'll try it.
BEA

Post by BEA »

Be sure and do not store it with the firing pin in the cocked position. This will cause the spring to fail more quickly.
morten

Post by morten »

You can also use a regular 16 lb S&W revolver trigger rebound spring If you don't have a spare in your parts kit

Just cut of one ring on the spring and you are good to go.
FredB

Post by FredB »

mudhenk27 wrote:I shot my new TOZ last night and love it...what a fun gun to shoot! I had a few rounds that failed to fire because of light hits...about one in twelve shots. The mark from the firing pin was almost non-existent. I'm using Norma Tac22, which has been very reliable for me, and I fired the rounds that had the light hits later in my Benelli.

Is there an adjustment I can make to improve this?

thx.....Bill
The firing pin spring may be weak, but there's another possibility. If you are new to the TOZ it's very easy to short stroke it when cocking the action; you need to pull the lever back firmly for its whole travel. An uncocked TOZ can show a very faint firing pin mark when the set trigger is fired.
ScottSimmonds

Post by ScottSimmonds »

Echo to Fred B.

I have two TOZ 35s & thought both had problems. Turns out I was not cocking the lever far enough. When properly cocked the lever should be floppy. If there is tension on the lever you are not cocked such that the firing pin hits the brass.

I learned a great deal about the gun when I took the grips off and watched the cocking / firing pin placement in the frame. You can see how the cocking works and how the design treats a dry fire.
mudhenk27

Post by mudhenk27 »

Thanks very much. I changed the spring, but the cocking lever is another very likely possibility. I'll make sure it's fully cocked from now on.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The Russian springs are crap. Follow morten's advice.