Feinwerkbau Mod 65 Value?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mt92

Feinwerkbau Mod 65 Value?

Post by mt92 »

I bought this pistol and just do not use it much. It shoots amazing at 10m. Does anyone have any idea what its value is?

Thanks
Mike
Attachments
SubstandardFullSizeRender[2].jpg
SubstandardFullSizeRender[1].jpg
SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
paw080

Re: Feinwerkbau Mod 65 Value?

Post by paw080 »

Hi MT, to me, the value is $250-$400; it depends on internal as well as external condition.

It doesn't have target grips, it has plinker, grips. For a ten meter shooter,

that can be a negative quality. For a collector, who knows?

Tony
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

"Value" is a nebulous category, while the price would very market-specific.

(And just in case you are like other... how I should put it... geographically-sufficient Americans... folks here are from all around the world.)
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I have seen prices on the internet that range from $250 to $600, depending on the model of the pistol MKI or MKII (short barrel version) condition, if it has old or new seals, springs, and accessories.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You won't find anything as competitive as this cheaply, so hang on to it and shoot it once in a while. These were very high quality guns and many still like to play with them. The one you have is an older, original model unlikely to have the dual springs and tweaks of later models. You can still find match grips, but it's fine as is to use as a trainer or for a lefty.
Misny

Post by Misny »

If it were mine, I'd want $450-$500 if it had fairly new seals. If it has never had new seals, I'd subtract the cost from that value.
renzo

Post by renzo »

Rover wrote:You won't find anything as competitive as this cheaply, so hang on to it and shoot it once in a while. These were very high quality guns and many still like to play with them. The one you have is an older, original model unlikely to have the dual springs and tweaks of later models. You can still find match grips, but it's fine as is to use as a trainer or for a lefty.
Based on serial number, this pistol was manufactured around 1980, so I wouldn't refer to it as an "older, original model".

When did the '65 started sporting dual springs??
Rover

Post by Rover »

So this gun is about 35 years old, and they made them earlier than that. I recall seeing used ones with those grips in the early 80s and it has the long tang instituted about 1980. The dual springs came in about the same time (roughly when the M80 was introduced), so I was wrong about that (not that it makes much [practical difference).

This then would be an early later model. In any case he has a nice user.