Rink Grip LP10E vs Regular grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Rink Grip LP10E vs Regular grip

Post by conradin »

Anyone know if Rink grip for the LP10E is still better than a regular factory grip with putty molded to my hand?
Leon

Re: Rink Grip LP10E vs Regular grip

Post by Leon »

It's a bit hard to compare a Rink grip with your own personally puttied factory grip, but I do have both a Rink grip on my LP10E which, obviously, replaced a factory grip.

I personally find the Rink grip superior however, YMMV.
apron

Post by apron »

I agree with Leon. Yet , the support plank at the base is a bit short on the Rink , modification might be needed.
django

Post by django »

I replaced the factory grip lp10 with small rink. I think it's better to use the factory grips with putty modification. unless you go to the manufacturer's grip and ordered anatomical grip with scoring based on your hands. That was the last I waste money buying after market grip. Moreover, the size of the hands of our ever-changing times fatter sometime thinner. The addition of putty is more practical than buying aftermarket grip. I never put rink grip grip now. Strange taste in my hand and did not fit.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:Anyone know if Rink grip for the LP10E is still better than a regular factory grip with putty molded to my hand?
What a "strange" question.

If the Rink grip fits you better than the factory grip with putty then yes, it's better for you.

If it doesn't then it isn't.
Zeddsded

Post by Zeddsded »

One thing to watch for with the Rink grip is its width. My LP10E failed a dimension check and I had to do a serious amount of power sanding to get it within tolerance.

Best check yours before going to a competition.
Steyr LP10 E
apron

Post by apron »

Zeddsded wrote:One thing to watch for with the Rink grip is its width. My LP10E failed a dimension check and I had to do a serious amount of power sanding to get it within tolerance.

Best check yours before going to a competition.
Width at where ? I had no problem going through a equipment check ?
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

If the frame is set at an angle in the grip with the adjusting screws with an XL Morini or large Rink, it will not fit in the box.