Grip angle Morini 162 vs Pardini K12, get the front sight up

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
wasatch

Grip angle Morini 162 vs Pardini K12, get the front sight up

Post by wasatch »

I've been shooting a Morini 162M with Rink grip. I adjusted the Morini grip angle less vertical so when I relax my wrist and the palm shelf presses into my wrist it helps support the muzzle. It seems pretty easy to hold the front sight level with the rear sight this way.

Firstly, is this correct technique?

I'm trying out a Pardini K12 (which does not have adjustable grip) and my above method of holding the pistol does not work very well... If I relax my wrist till the palm shelf presses into my wrist the front sight is much to low. This means I have to work harder to hold up the muzzle so the front sight is visible.

Is there a grip or palm shelf modification I could try so the muzzle is higher when the palm shelf presses into my wrist?
Attachments
ISSF wrist pic.JPG
ISSF wrist pic.JPG (19.36 KiB) Viewed 2050 times
David Levene

Re: Grip angle Morini 162 vs Pardini K12, get the front sigh

Post by David Levene »

The first part of ISSF rule 8.12 a):-

"No part of the grip, frame or accessories may touch any part of the wrist."
Rover

Post by Rover »

Bailiff, whack his pee pee!!!
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

If i started differently saying that when I relax my wrist such that the weight of the gun is supported by the connective tissue across the top of my wrist the Morini front sight is visible where the Pardini front sight is to low would that have been a better starting point?

Or am i misunderstanding how to hold the pistol to begin with?

I had been working with the idea of using my wrist structure to support the muzzle rather than actively holding the muzzle up using my muscles.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

You can simply elevate the rear end of the palm shelf with putty (up- and downward bends are allowed in the longitudinal direction) to push it into your palm. Just make sure the shelf touches your hand forward of the first crease, otherwise it won't be legal, as David already said. If it works for you, why worry if that is a correct technique? But personally I would not want to rely on it. This technique is rather pistol specific. If you want to shoot other guns (like service pistol without anatomical grips) in the future, you reliance on the palm shelf will not be helpful.
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Rover wrote:Bailiff, whack his pee pee!!!
Hmm... A Cheech and Chong fan.....Man....
wasatch

Post by wasatch »

Maybe I should have my grip adjusted differently anyway.... When I raise my pistol with my eyes closed but otherwise standing if I were going to shoot the muzzle is above my rear sight.

Does this indicate I ought to decrease my barrel-grip angle?