What is included angle on P70 Feinwerkbau dovetail?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ribrustler

What is included angle on P70 Feinwerkbau dovetail?

Post by Ribrustler »

Hello everybody. I have a tool and die maker friend looking to make some sight risers for my kids air rifle and I am wondering if anybody can confirm what the included angle is on a Feinwerkbau P70 rifle. Specifically the dovetail(s) on the rear sight and the front globe sight.
Andre

Re: What is included angle on P70 Feinwerkbau dovetail?

Post by Andre »

I used a 60 degree dovetail cutter to make crosman challenger front sight clamps, they work great. I have to assume the dovetails on the feinwerkbaus are the same. If you bring your rifle to him the 60 degree angle can easily be verified with a threading fishtail gauge.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

The sizes for the foresight units dovetails all vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Actually Anschutz have two different ones. One for 14/16/18XX series rifles, and a different size for the later 19/20XX series. All of the rearsight rails used seem to be able to mount telescopic sights using standard 10mm/3/8" scope mounts. However the rails are again all slightly different in the fine detail between the different manufacturers. Probably the best course would be to have your friend actually measure up the rifle himself before starting work. At least then you know that they will fit.

Alan
Ribrustler

Post by Ribrustler »

Unfortunately my friend is in another state and does have access to the rifle or any other rifle. I have put a protractor on the barrel it appears to be a 30 degree included angle.

There is not much work to these so he is going to make a few different sets and ship them to me to try out. Once I get it confirmed I will post what the size is.
mguzy

Post by mguzy »

Just saw your post. Confirm 30 deg per side- just measured my P70. Used a precision angle block to check (I'm also a toolmaker).
Cheers,
Mike
Andre

Post by Andre »

mguzy wrote:Just saw your post. Confirm 30 deg per side- just measured my P70. Used a precision angle block to check (I'm also a toolmaker).
Cheers,
Mike
30 degrees of the horizontal or vertical plane? I have to assume horizontal.
mguzy

Post by mguzy »

It is 30 degrees off the vertical. I used a 60 degree gage on one side to check (so the included angle of the dovetail is 60 degrees, 30 per side). Hope that makes a bit more sense...

Mike
Andre

Post by Andre »

mguzy wrote:It is 30 degrees off the vertical. I used a 60 degree gage on one side to check (so the included angle of the dovetail is 60 degrees, 30 per side). Hope that makes a bit more sense...

Mike
Yes, thank you.
Tom-C

Post by Tom-C »

FWB is 30 degrees, anyone know what Anschutz is?